Blackhawk Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dannyd

Hunter
The blued one with a 7.5 inch barrel was can't remember if there a SS. Blued one in 357 magnum was discontinued over 10 years ago.

hittman

Staff member
Hmmm …. Wonder if Ruger sells those now?
I don't know the answer to your questions, sorry.
My guess would be it was a Lipseys exclusive though.

Johnnu2

Hunter
My uneducated guess is that it could be either a Lipsey's or Williams Shooters Sports (since out of business) exclusive..

J.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
My satin SS Blackhawk Bisley .357, 5-1/2 " barrel, unfluted engraved cylinder, was manufactured in 11/08 and I bought it in 02/09. The SN is 37-959xx. It came with black laminated wood grips.

The end label on the case says Model 00352, and the catalog number is KRBN-355W

I just checked my notes. I bought it at auction, NIB, and it reported to be an uncatalogued special run Bisley.

Last edited:

gunzo

Hunter
The first stainless Bisleys were all 5 1/2", with a non fluted roll marked cylinder. A special run for Accusport. The first ones were 45 Colt followed by 44 mag. Memory is cloudy for 357 & 41 mag offerings. Did they, or if so, which was first or last. Approx. a thousand or less of each caliber made.
Fast forward about 10 years & Williams Shooters Supply commissioned same 5.5" in 45 Colt & 45 convertible. Many of these floating around on Gunbroker for a while. After the Williams models, they kept coming & more 357's & 41's appeared. Some called them clean up guns, & don't recall them being ordered by a particular dist. & don't recall them ever being a cataloged regular production item, possibly for a short time. Just continuing to show up.

Ruger cataloged & began making the 5.5" 44 again for the first time in over 20 years just last year. Few to none have shown up.

willicd76

Bearcat
I can't answer your question, but I can tell you the ss bisley 44spl is the best new model gun ruger has ever made IMO! If you can find one, I can't recommend them enough! They just got that one "right".😁

dannyd

Hunter
my blued one from Davidson's if they would have had a 6.5 or 4 5/8; I would have definitely got it instead.

1BA522DB-8ED5-44BB-902B-BD66A3DA45E4.jpeg

G2

Hunter
Well,,, thank you for the weekend morning puzzle…
Im thinking your gun falls in the SN# range of 38-52623-38-52647 ,,, and the 6.5" barrel makes sense,,,
HOWEVER not in STAINLESS, and not in BISLEY.
(NO 6.5" factory stainless Bisley's)

Base gun; Model 00318, was a 357/9mm blued convertible blackhawk, shipped in 2015.

At some point customized to Bisley and either stripped, plated or coated. Without some good pictures it's just a guess.😁

Last edited:

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
Thank You everyone. I now feel it is a 61/2 barrel, S.S. Blackhawk that was converted to a Bisley. If it was a factory gun, You guys would know.
If it's SS and has a roll marked (engraved) non-fluted cylinder, The engraving would say "Bisley". 5.5 or 6.5? Measure it.

G2

Hunter
Ok that's from 2013, Model 00319, 357 magnum, 6.5" barrel. Fluted Cylinder & Stainless.
… that most likely has been Bisleyized. (Changing the Grip Frame, Hammer & Trigger to Bisley Configuration)

It needs a little massage to get the top of the grip frame to blend better with the cylinder frame, easily accomplished on stainless guns. (pull the hammer first)

I like the one hole rear peep, I have one on my OM 44 flattop.

Last edited:

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
That's a fluted cylinder. Not real common on Bisleys. It may be a Ruger front sight, but not common on a Blackhawk. The rear peep is also an anomoly. Lipseys sometimes put fiber optic sigths on specialty models.

Yes, looks like a custom job.

BTW, where can you get a rear peep? Looks interesting to me.

First, I apologize for wasting everyone's time by giving bad info. I will double check next time!
"Bearskinner" knows about the rear peep. It is really nice with the fiber optic front bead.
Here is one I am proud of. Mark Hampton managed to get this 41 mag Bisley Hunter and sent it to Magna-Port for their "Predator" package, to do an article in Guns magazine.

Attachments

• 41magkk.jpg
    41magkk.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 57

contender

Ruger Guru
You weren't wasting anybody's time. You had questions, and you found answers.

With all the variations Ruger has built, plus the distributor specials, the over-runs or mistakes,, all not "catalogued," it can easily be confusing.

I agree, someone has customized that gun a bit.

Latest posts