Bitten By The LCR Bug

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LarryBG

Bearcat
A couple of weeks ago, I bought the LCR .357 Magnum. What a sweet trigger right out of the box! There's no excuse for other manufacturers to have crappy and heavy triggers any more. I have put a little over 300 rounds through it (no .38's) without any issues at all. I am very happy with it.
So happy, today I bought the LCR in .22 LR. I put 200 rounds through it this afternoon. While a bit heavier trigger pull than the .357, this one is still smooth and consistent. I did some 5 shot drills with it and the little gun shoots right where it looks. While it will never be a carry gun, I can foresee a lot of fun with this one. I'm hoping that I can get my wife interested in shooting and this just might be the gun to do it.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
I squirted some Microlon Gun Juice into the action of my 38+P LCR and did some dry firing. Repeated a few times, and now my trigger is slicker'n snake snot on a glass doorknob. It was good right out of the box, but now it's truly special. Let us know how the 22 performs accuracy-wise...I've been considering one of those just because a man kinna' have too many 22s! :wink:

Mus408

Hunter
I bought my wife a .357 LCR last year for her carry and she likes it and I love it too for light carrying.
We practice with 38 Specials and some +P but also mix in a few .357 loads, since that's what I keep in it for SD use. It's really not a bad carry gun.....better than a stick!

My LCR 38 is my main concealed carry gun. My 3" LCRx is my timber carry gun of choice. My wife has the 22 LCR as well. The 22's have a slightly harder trigger pull due to the rimfire primer system. If Ruger brings the LCRx out in 22 I will be getting one of them as well.

LarryBG

Bearcat
Now, a local guy has an LCR 38 and some ammo for sale at a pretty good price. I'm trying to stay strong but I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
My very first gun purchase EVER was the LCR 38spl. I still love it even though I have acquired several different Rugers since that first purchase. It is my main carry gun and I don't plan to change that any time soon.

Go ahead, get one. :D

Viking Queen

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
It's a easy bug to catch ... LCRX in 38 Spl and a LCR9 (because I always wanted a high quality affordable 9mm revolver). Sorta awaiting and hopeing a LCRX 22lr with a 3 inch barrel will roll out ... The polymer kit gun ...

SamV

Buckeye
I am able to shoot them much better than most j-frame types. I am not saying they are better, but better for me. Out the box, better sights, grips, and trigger. Not as pretty though. I like mine.