Best Scope for my New Takedown?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

prov281

Bearcat
Hello All: New forum member and would like your opinions on whats the best scope for my 22 takedown? I mostly plink and really bought this to shoot with my grand-kids ONCE they get a few years older. Would like to stay under 100 bucks if possible. Easy on / off would be nice. EOTECH type would be overkill I think but I SURE love them on my Ruger 308....Bless you for your time.

PS Pray for our Military....

CraigC

Hawkeye
I put a micro red dot on mine, like this one. Check out Primary Arms.

IMG_7281b.jpg

I have a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on mine as well. Depends if you want to remove your scope to put it in and out of your bag. I can't remember but think 11 inches is about as long as you can go and still keep mounted when in the bag. A straight 4x should be fine.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Surprised to have had good experience with a cheap Simmons scope on a 22. It was many years ago, but it worked great. Don't know if recent versions would compare favorably. For <<$100 I think this might work for you. Not a fan of the red-dots except on pellet guns

Depends on your needs/expectations but you can't expect exceptional performance from anything that's mounted on the receiver while the barrel is a "slip fit" connection.

DLM

Bearcat
I was concerned about repeatable zero on a take apart rifle with a receiver mounted optic, so I opted for a skinner sight. It is a barrel mounted peep sight. Very compact set up and maintains zero as both front and rear sight are mounted on the barrel.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Mobuck said:
Depends on your needs/expectations but you can't expect exceptional performance from anything that's mounted on the receiver while the barrel is a "slip fit" connection.
Sorry, I forgot we were talking about the takedown. ;)

Haven't bench tested mine yet.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
I just put a cheap simmons 4x32 rimfire scope on my take down and I'm for the most part happy with it . its back a little farther than id like it to be in order to fit in the carry case that came with the gun, but still usable . I plan on ordering a set or warne quick detach rings for it eventually .

K1500

Single-Sixer
I run a weaver V3 1-3x and have good luck. It still fits in the bag.

rws

Bearcat
I put a UTG 3-9x32 Adjustable Objective on both my Takedowns® Priced under $100 click this LINK comes with quick detach rings, sunshade and removable lens covers.

Ruger%2010_22%20Takedown%20Scheels%20Sale_9_zps3k3bbikj.jpg

Ruger%2010_22%20Takedown%20Scheels%20Sale_8_zpsqz7un90o.jpg

TD%20Lite%20Suppressor_zpshgmyzbzc.jpg

Ruger%20Black%20Takedown%20Scope_Comb_zpsxvmeygv0.jpg

Ruger%20Takedown%20Lite%20New%20Packing_zpslhcfsztc.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.