Berry bullet speeds

Help Support Ruger Forum:

427mach1

Blackhawk
Berry's MFG said:
427mach1 said:
I just shot several loads with various charges of 296 using Berry's 210 grain bullets in my 41 magnum. The hottest load should chrono around 1250 (I will confirm at a later date) and I saw no indication of the bullets coming apart or any other problems. I bought some Unique this weekend and plan to try some loads with that, too.

Question for Jay / Berry's MFG: Do you recommend that I stay below 1200 fps on the 41 / 210 or does it have a little heavier copper plating since it is probably a 41 mag load only?

Like the car by the way!
They do have a bit more plating, but we have to draw the line oin the sand somewhere in regards to velocity. I've shot bullets well over the velocities listed, but I am careful not to overcrimp and know what to look for in regards to compromising the bullet design.

Thanks!

I understand about "drawing the line". The load I am looking at is around 1100 fps for plinking, so I will be well below the line. I was just curious......

BigJ71

Single-Sixer
427mach1 said:
Berry's MFG said:
427mach1 said:
I just shot several loads with various charges of 296 using Berry's 210 grain bullets in my 41 magnum. The hottest load should chrono around 1250 (I will confirm at a later date) and I saw no indication of the bullets coming apart or any other problems. I bought some Unique this weekend and plan to try some loads with that, too.

Question for Jay / Berry's MFG: Do you recommend that I stay below 1200 fps on the 41 / 210 or does it have a little heavier copper plating since it is probably a 41 mag load only?

Like the car by the way!
They do have a bit more plating, but we have to draw the line oin the sand somewhere in regards to velocity. I've shot bullets well over the velocities listed, but I am careful not to overcrimp and know what to look for in regards to compromising the bullet design.

Thanks!

I understand about "drawing the line". The load I am looking at is around 1100 fps for plinking, so I will be well below the line. I was just curious......

I've loaded some .45 Colt with Berry bullets over a good dose of HS6 and push them 1,000 - 1,100 with no problem what so ever. They are accurate and my "go to" bullet for plinking and target practice....great product IMHO.