Bear Tooth Bullets

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I just placed an order with Bear Tooth for some 44 325gr. WLN & 45 340gr. LFN.
Does anyone have any reviews on these bullets?
And does anyone know how long before I recieve them? I'm asking because I just read it can take up to 4 months. But the post was from 09.

Divernhunter

Single-Sixer
The bullets are very good.
I do not know about time frame for getting them. When I want some I just drive out there and pick them up from him.

paul105

Single-Sixer
For a while, there was a several month wait for delivery -- the last 2 times I ordered (last year IIRC) I received the bullets within a week or so.

You will be pleased with Beartooth Bullets' products. Over the years I've used various bullets from BTB and they have always performed at the highest level. The only picture I have happens to be of the .44 Mag 325 LFNGC with the Hodgdon Online Data Manual max charge of H110.

These were shot off a bench at 25 yards using a S&W 629 Classic DX and a S&W 629 PC Stealth Hunter. Both were scoped the DX w/4x Leupold and the PC w/2x Leupold.

The top center group was shot with the DX and the bottom left with the PC.

Hope this eases your mind a bit.

TargetPics-44DXandPC_zpsa51d3eff.jpg

Paul

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I figured they would perform good. I was just hoping they weren't going to take 4 months to get to me. I can't believe they are almost half the price of Cast Performance.
Oh & nice groups all so.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
They are very good bullets though I prefer Montana Bullet Works as the quality is high as well but generally less expensive. BTB are made just down the road from my place in Idaho. Bummer is they will not let me pick them up and I do not have a mailbox so I have to have them delivered to a neighbor. Delivery from BTB has been in the 3-5 week time frame, MBW usually in 1-2 weeks. I have a lot of CPBC from years ago when they were competitive. It's a wonder they are still in business frankly.

jerry475

Bearcat
The bullets are worth the wait, I use their .475, .45 , .44 and .32 on everything from elk to ground hogs with great success. Good people to do business with

Lee Martin

Hunter
They're an outstanding bullet and worth the wait. I tested 3 Bear Tooth designs in my 5-shot 45 Colt trial:

http://www.singleactions.com/FiveShot45Colts.html

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I've since cancelled my order because of backorder problem. I'm very impatient.
But I replaced the order with a box of 335gr. WLN 45colt & a box of 320gr. WFN 44mag cast performance bullets. Very nice looking bullets.

Nowata

Single-Sixer
Don't give up on BTB, they are superb. Also, on the website you will find articles from Marshall that are very interesting.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Yea I should've hung in there but being impatient is one of my bad traits.
I haven't had a chance to shoot any of the Cast Performance yet but they are loaded & ready to go

triggerpull

Single-Sixer
Hmmm...I ordered some beartooth last week and just now noticed that they take the order on-line without indicating the stock status--it's up to you to call and find out. I'm sure it's a great product; but that's a bit out-dated way of doing business on-line.

COR

Blackhawk
If I buy cast bullets I like Montana Bullet works also...

I've tried BTB in the past and they took over 60 days for each order so I cancelled them both, I gave them the second shot almost a year after the first go round (they are not easy to ask questions regarding lead times either) after reading from folks on here about how wonderful they are...

My experience with them has been less than satisfactory to say the least. YMMV...

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Yea I'm thinking they are always 2 months behind no matter what you order.
My problem was a week after I placed my ordered for 44's & 45 bullets I called them to see if they shipped them yet. We'll the lady told me the 44's are gonna be shipped in a couple days but the 45's would be at least another 6 weeks.
So I was going to get charged shipping twice.
They're not the only ones who do this either. LG outdoors did it to me before I caught it.
I had to order some 35cal. Bullets for my brother in law so to help pay for shipping costs I threw some 30cal. Bullets on the order. They were both in stock.
We'll about 3 days later I got an email saying my order was partially shipped. So I called them asking what's up. So the woman said that the 35cal were on back order.
I was pissed because I didn't even want the 30cal. And she wouldn't cancel my order since they were shipped.
I told her once they realized they didn't have the 35cal in stock they should've contacted me to see what I wanted to do. I asked why it was mandatory for me to put my phone # down to place the order if they aren't going to use it.
No answer & I wound up getting the 30cal bullets for $7 more then I could've bought them for locally.
I know a lot of people don't like Midway but I have to say they are my favorite.
At least you know if it's in stock or not & before the mad rush on firearm supplies they had the best selection & prices.

triggerpull

Single-Sixer
Just called BT to get an update on my order--phone message said number is not in service nor accepting calls. That's not a good sign.

WESHOOT2

Hunter
Bad weather, phone lines down.

My lead preferences include:

-Penn Bullets
-Cast Performance
-Beartooth (and they bailed me out once with a customer headed to Africa; my continued thanks)
-Meister
-Dry Creek (a most perfect .452" 325g Keith)

These brands, by far, offer me the best lead bullets. I admittedly have NOT tested every brand.

98Redline

Blackhawk
The trick is to order them well before you need them.

I understand and accept they are a small outfit and run bullets in batches. You just need to wait until they have enough orders to run a particular weight/caliber you desire.

For me, the quality of the product outweighs the wait times. Also order in bulk quantities so you don't have to do it so often.

LAH

Buckeye
Haven't spoken to Marshall Stanton in a couple years but I would be surprised if he wasn't still running one of the best bullet companies around.