• B: 5.5" Flattop 44 Spl

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • A: 2.5" Alaskan .44 mag

Votes: 105 80.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bucks Owin

Hunter
I know...Lets have the chrono rushing at you bobbing up and down and let's grease up (gut slime) the grips of that Alaskan and shoot those nasty hellblasters in it from the weak hand. Be more realistic right? :roll:

At least CraigC and a few others "get it"...The whole premise of the topic has always been about ballistics in 44 mag stubby barrels. Nothing else.

jaydub in wi

Bearcat
LuckenbachTexas said:
If you pushed that LBT through with a stick, the hole would look about the same as it would at 1200fps.

Regardless, the bullet type wasn't part of the equation.

I still pick the Flattop.
while I did vote for the flat top, I can tell you that LBT bullets do not just poke a hole. I wish I would have taken a picture of the hole a 255 WFN .41 mag bullet made in a hog. I can assure you that it didn't "pencil through".

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I haven't seen much of a difference in a sub 6" handgun. Actually, I haven't seen a big diff in wound channels with/betwixed any of the hard bullet 41-45 calibers in short barrel handguns.

Might as well argue about shotgun slugs, they very well could do a better job than the stuff already listed.

Bucks, I don't have a weak hand. I've been doing "left hand Friday" for almost thirty years getting my brain and left side coordinated for battle and life. When I first started it was a struggle to wipe my a$$ or shoot with proficiency, now I'm an expert.

This came about after I took a 7.62x39 round in my right wrist and forearm that severed my radial nerve, luckily my trigger finger still worked and I took out a nine man squad in Nicaragua. I made such a hell of a mess wiping my poop with my left hand while the right healed. :D

CraigC

Hawkeye
LuckenbachTexas said:
I haven't seen much of a difference in a sub 6" handgun. Actually, I haven't seen a big diff in wound channels with/betwixed any of the hard bullet 41-45 calibers in short barrel handguns.
You don't see that heavier bullets penetrate deeper than lighter ones? Have you ever shot anything bigger than a deer with one? Or are we talking about logs and old stoves again???

LuckenbachTexas said:
Might as well argue about shotgun slugs, they very well could do a better job than the stuff already listed.
Yeah, you think a slug with sectional density lower than a round ball will do better than an LBT? Further proof that you're clueless.

LuckenbachTexas said:
...and I took out a nine man squad in Nicaragua.
There's no doubt in my mind that you think such experience makes you an expert on all things firearms related. Even when that experience has no relevance.

63November

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
I said bullets weren't part of the OP "poll" equation.

Elmer will be happy to know that the old Special pretty much maxes out the potential of the caliber then... :roll:

Entertainment abounds :D

It sure does......255 grains vs 300 grains.... :lol:

Kind of like saying both a Ford Ranger and a F250 are equivalent for moving snow, or whatever...

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
You sure like to resort to name calling when you have nothing else.
Amusing :D

Man, I remember one time when a Bamboo Viper sat next to my face for about 45 minutes...I have some snake stories too :D

Lets talk Dart frog secretions and Treble hooks, or a sock full of sand :D

CraigC

Hawkeye
LuckenbachTexas said:
You sure like to resort to name calling when you have nothing else.
No, I just love the way you avoid answering what must be very tough questions. Do you realize that you have been tap-dancing for 22 pages??? Which would seem to indicate that my assumptions are true.

LuckenbachTexas said:
Man, I remember one time when a Bamboo Viper sat next to my face for about 45 minutes...I have some snake stories too.......Lets talk Dart frog secretions and Treble hooks
What the hell does that have to do with anything? You trying to make the argument fit your answer again???

LuckenbachTexas said:
I sure feel sorry for your boy friend.
How old are you???

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
However you wanna justify your name calling, more power too ya. :lol:

I don't see anything in my post about your "boy friend", but its a free country and your lifestyle is your choice. :lol:

I'm old enough to be on the down hill slide. 8)

Panamanian-Golden-Frog.jpg

I still favor the Flattop 44 Special

CraigC

Hawkeye
Not the first time you posted in this thread, got quoted, edited your post and then claimed you never said those things. You're a coward, a liar, a child and possibly mentally unstable. I'm done with you.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
CraigC said:
9:20PM Not the first time you posted in this thread, got quoted, edited your post and then claimed you never said those things. You're a coward, a liar, a child and possibly mentally unstable. I'm done with you.

Given enough time craig both describes and exposes himself. I think we've been through the "done with you" thing before? :lol:

You can beat me down with that 44 Mag talk, but I'm still gonna take that dang Flattop Special 8)

Latest posts