Any Help on Old Derringer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buck B.

Bearcat
I was cleaning up an old derringer my grandfather gave me about 25 years ago. It doesn't fire any more due to no firing pin. When I was a kid he used to let me play with and somehow I was chosen to be the custodian of it. Any way it has "Bull's Eye" on the top of the barrel and 876 under the grip panel; it's a small caliber (smaller than a .22) and 7 shot. That's all I know and I can not find anything on the internet. He told me it was his uncles and was passed down to him, and if my grandfather was still with us he would have been 101 yrs old this year, so I do know it's an old derringer (that's if he wasn't telling a tale which he was famous and loved for). If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

eveled

Hawkeye
Pictures would help, find a machinist or somebody else with the ability to measure the holes in the cylinder.

Sounds like one of the little tiny pin fired revolvers. Ed

Hondo44

Hawkeye
If it's 7 shot, it must have a cylinder or revolving barrels.

Look like any shown here: http://www.google.com/search?q=7+shot+derringer+gun&rlz=1T4GGRP_enUS498US498&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aOgVUt77B8eRiQLrr4GIDw&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=788