Any experienceriences with the 300 RCM, anyone ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Balto

Bearcat
Just ordered me a new Ruger Sporter in 270 Win, next comming up this summer is a No. 1. Could use a Light Sporter in 243 Win for deer hunting. But it`s also chambered in 300 RCM. Anyone have experiences with it ? Easy to reload ? How`s the recoil compared to other 30`s ? Not a lot of reloading data, and noone imports American powders here anymore. Have to do with Withavuori, Norma or Rhino powder.

hadjii

Bearcat
Well, I don't have any experience yet, but my 300 RCM is on the way to me as well. I believe it's going to be an excellent cartridge. I've been told recoil is about like a 30-06. reloadability can't be any harder than anything else, so I didn't even consider that. I got reloading data from Hornady. I wished I could get my hands on some Norma powder. I always liked it. Oh. The Hodgdon website has some good data for the 300 RCM. I guess the thing that attracted me to the RCM was the short barrel length. Much handier when climbing trees and hunting in the thick stuff, plus mine is in SS, so I can throw it behind the seat of the truck and not worry about it.

Latest posts