Sr-556 takedown 300 blackout

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've heard and also discovered that the 300 blackout barrel for the sr-556 takedown is very hard to find. I had seen on another forum molon labe industries were producing these for a while but they're showing out of stick now. If anyone has any leads or information on one it would be greatly appreciated. Looking to purchase one but have a ruger hawkeye .375 stainless laminated lefthand model unfired would be willing to trade with boot obviously. Thanks in advance.

Have you contacted RUGER directly? You might also try BROWNELLS.
Obviously, I'm far out of the loop on this model. Actually have never heard of such a thing.
No I have not contacted ruger directly I had read in another forum that they had discontinued production of it years ago. Molanlabe industries had started making them but I can't find any there either. Thanks for your input though I appreciate it. If you run across any info holler at me. Thank you

IMHO, if the lower will accept standard AR uppers, you'd be far better off to just buy a commonly found 300 upper in the configuration you wish.
The 'switch barrel' concept (in regard to the AR platform) is lost on me.

IMHO, if the lower will accept standard AR uppers, you'd be far better off to just buy a commonly found 300 upper in the configuration you wish.
The 'switch barrel' concept (in regard to the AR platform) is lost on me.
Yes sir I have mulled that over for a while I really had my heart set on the ruger piston drive 300 black. I have plenty of time to search for one I'm not in any hurry but if time starts to stack up I cld always get and Adam's piston upper or PWS I'm not sure if they have a blackout but that would be worth checking on. I def

The AdamsArms system is quite good IMHO. Possibly not as substantial as a purpose built piston upper but unless one is expecting to run thousands and thousands of rounds through it, I see no disadvantages. I'd suggest checking with AA regarding the suitability of their conversions regarding gas port size and BCG/buffer weight issues.
I was told I'd need a lightweight BCG for my 6.8 SPC 'pistol' AA piston conversion but it works fine with standard weight BCG and 3 ounce carbine buffer.
Just a SWAG but I'd suggest going with a pistol length gas port location on a 300AAC carbine. All of mine are set up as carbine gas and I do have to use a lightweight bolt carrier unless the muffler is in place. The adjustable piston set-up will compensate for any over gassing issues you may have concerning the pistol length gas port.

krw

Blackhawk
Send JSE an email and ask them. I don't think what your wanting is a big deal, but mabe it is. Gwen will know

Latest posts