Another CZ-Non Ruger thread.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well I got my 3rd CZ Pistol last week, it is a CZ 82, in AMAZING shape. It is very tight. The only issues with it "were" the grips and the factory finish that these are known for anyway. The metal under the finsih is perfect. No rust or issues.

The grips required some work. The checkering was pretty much worn flat and as smooth as the rest of the grip. Very little evidence of it's existance remained. Included are pictures to show the stipple job I did.

When I field stripped the pistol to clean it, I removed the grips and found that one side was cracked on the inside so I used the same soldering iron to melt it back together.

I definitely intend on refinishing this gun. I've been granted permission to post a pic of one owned by another individual who had the same refinish done already.

When it's refinished, a new set of grips will be worn by this gun. There are so many options out there I havent decided what yet. Im thinking Rosewood (laminated)...

So here it goes:

CZ82_1.jpg

CZ82_2.jpg

CZ82_3.jpg

CZ82_4.jpg

THIS is the picture of the refinish job, by Mahovsky Metalife!
IMG_0109.jpg

AND This is their website if anyone is interested in refinishing any of their Rugers! http://www.mahovskysmetalife.com/index.htm

-PS

To Revhigh, I have not had a chance to shoot any of my guns lately. Early next month I will have the chance to test that CZ 40B.

My next CZ will be the RAMI, chambered in 9mm!

My father-in-law liked the stipple job so much, he is considering having me perform one on his Ruger SR9C

revhigh

Hawkeye
You be a CZaholic DA !!! :D I know the feeling.

I like the finish on the gun ... but the grips ??? Not so much. I never understood the allure of carbon fiber.

REV

hittman

Staff member
Nice CZ DA ~ Is this one the 9MM Mac or .380?

I gotta break down and get another CZ ~ ya almost never hear anything negative about them.

hittman said:
Nice CZ DA ~ Is this one the 9MM Mac or .380?

I gotta break down and get another CZ ~ ya almost never hear anything negative about them.

The 82s were 9x18s (makarov)

The 83s were offered in 9x18 and 9x17 (.380)

I hear a CZ 83 .380 barrel will fit this gun though. With NO modifcations to the pistol or magazine. (other than whats required to barrel-swap)

Verndog

Blackhawk
That 2001 Suburban with 140K for $6,000.00 seems a bit high given the direction of gas prices... :D