another campain for a DA ruger .22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

maxpress

Buckeye
i would like your help bugging "tell the CEO" and lipsey for a ruger .22 DA.
i figure if they are making a 6 shot .327 sp101 then making the holes smaller on the same gun shouldnt be that difficult.
been shooting/seeing alot of .22s on the range latley. even reloading for the centerfires is getting spendy and the demand for rimfires (round here at least) has gotten pretty high. first time in a long time i am seeing people trade in big bores for 1/4bores.

http://www.ruger.com/resources/tellTheCEO.html

Well, since the SP101 used to be chambered in .22LR, then doing it again would be really simple. But, if they were not a red-hot seller before, I can't imagine Ruger would want to try it again.

But, with all the distributor-exclusives going on, maybe the distributors themselves should make the push.

GEDC0393.jpg

WAYNO.

Ilikeguns

Bearcat
I left a comment to the CEO months ago asking for a 7 shot .22 LR LCR. Light gun for a small cartridge is my way of thinking. 3 inch barrel w/adjustable sights. I've owned 2 S&W 317's neither hit to point of aim with the numerous types of .22 ammo I tried. A .22 LCR would make a great backpacker gun.

jpickar

Blackhawk
With S&W 617's going from $500 and up I think Ruger can catch a big part of the DA 22 market right now.

A 4" barrel with adjustable sights would be just the ticket for me.

John

maxpress

Buckeye
hey contender, know something we dont? wink wink, nudge nudge.

Ilikeguns: the only problem with a 7 shot LCR is they would have to redesign the timing to account for the seventh shot and unfortunatly i dont think they would go to that much trouble for a rimfire no matter how much we jump up and down. hell i would take a six shot even though im not a fan of the LCR.

nah, the design & concept as to 'multiple' chamberings, isn't an issue any longer, as MOST of the gun companies have already done and do this......its all in the 'set up' now....it boils down to marketing and demand,as often said they did make them before and 'stopped', NOT enough call, a handful of us "wanting" them , will not sway them, and if the distributors thought they would sell, Ruger would make it for one of them..........too many other .22 on the market,but on the other hand there are TONS of 1911s out there and more are making them today than ever before ( think its demand??)
I wish that Ruger did make a "low cost" DOUBLE action revolver to go into their line,so as Ty said "patience"...........
they hate making stuff and it sits there on the shelves.............

Maybe the platform is wrong? How about a 9-shot GP100 quarter lug. I have owned a Colt Trooper MK III 22lr and it was only a 6 shot. Heavy yes, but there may be a market. Even better, offer it in 22 WMR. Just a thought......

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Don't see a huge stampede for the ones that have been on GunBroker lately. Hmmm, have those that really want one been bidding? :roll:
They certainly weren't discontinued because sales were great. ;)

The Highlander

Bearcat
The SP-101 would be a great gun, if it had adjustable sights. Ruger dropped the ball there.

I've put in my request to the CEO as well, but I want an SP-101, 4" barrel, with REAL adjustable sights. 6-shot would be ok, but 7 or 8 would be great.

I never bought one of the originals because I was on a limited budget with raising a family. Now, I have plenty of money, but I will not waste it on one with lousy sights.

The Highlander

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The Highlander":125mphkm said:
The SP-101 would be a great gun, if it had adjustable sights. Ruger dropped the ball there.

I never bought one of the originals because I was on a limited budget with raising a family. Now, I have plenty of money, but I will not waste it on one with lousy sights.

So why not buy one and have the rear sights changed by a GOOD gunsmith. It's been done. No need to sit and wait then. ;)

maxpress

Buckeye
BlkHawk73":codiveoi said:
Don't see a huge stampede for the ones that have been on GunBroker lately. Hmmm, have those that really want one been bidding? :roll:
They certainly weren't discontinued because sales were great. ;)

i guess i shoulda been on gunbroker latley. check about twice a month but it musta been between guns.

i think the one i played with in aalska ha a windage blade IIRC.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
I have a 2" SP 101 and I love it. No adjustable sights but it shoots to point of aim with Reminton Bulk ammo so who cares. I find it accurate, and Smith and Wesson has not yet built the revolver that I would trade for it. Too bad there is just not a big enough market for good DA .22s in this price range. I think Ruger in this case is a victim of their own sucess with the Single Six. I'm willing to bet the Single Six outsells all Smith and Wesson .22s as well as their own RugersSP 101 when they still had it in production, all by a huge margin. I think Taurus sells a ton of DA .22s but their price is a leading factor.