Announcing the Callshot Fan Club

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2 dogs

Buckeye
Well, my new SBH I call Hoovers Hammer is a killer of the highest order. One feral and 3 jav's to its credit so far this year. It runs the 429215 bullet at approx. 1550 fps with exceptional accuracy and critter slap that has to be seen to be believed. I double lunged a good sized javelina with my 4 inch RH with a 315 GC Keith style bullet yesterday!Its brute strength place it soundly in the sledgehammer class. And I drug out my Anniversary model 44 special 5.5 inch and exchanged the XR3 grip frame for a round butt Bisley grip frame and did some measuring and the throats and the bore were just excellent! Its gonna be a shooter I can just tell!!!!!

Very little money invested and 3 dandy sixguns you need to consider.

Nope, I'm not biting big guy! I snagged one of the rare Marlin 41 Cowboy guns the other day and I'm retrenching into my 41 mode. I even bought one of my old 41 customs BACK from Glenn last week. Granted, it is a NM but at least it is a 41!

2 dogs

Buckeye
You might as well break down and buy a ticket.You know Im not gonna go away and It would make a great Christmas present for your new Son in Law!!!!

2 dogs

Buckeye
Well, Robb, please pardon me. I remember you telling me you had a wedding upcoming....I guess I just assumed you were marrying off a daughter! My fault!!!

So, you have a son named Remington?? How cool is that! Only my very favorite rifle brand!!!!

Yes sir, I have two sons named after guns. My youngest is Spencer and the oldest is Remington. I tried to get the middle child, my daughter, named Spencer so I would still have room for Winchester for the last one but my wife said no way so I settle to the boys getting the rifle names. I'll send in a couple of cards with my $20 today.

2 dogs

Buckeye
Hey Steve! My brothers and I moved a deer blind we werent using to a better location where a strong north wind had blown down and busted up the old original blind the other day. There were some pretty good sized Hornets buzzing around the thing so I climbed up in there and stayed behind to see if I could locate the source and spray them with wasp and hornet killer while my brothers took the old blind remains to the dump site.

My plan was to see if a hog would come within sixgun range and to spray the nooks and crannies with the foam style hornet killer. Im tough. I can stand a few hornets here and there.....

Well, I failed to check the chair inside the blind. It had been sitting so long the wheels squeeked and squealed every time I made the slightest movement. My brothers had already driven off, so I had no lithium grease spray or motor oil or anything to help the squealing and squeaking. Meanwhile, the hornets arent real happy to see me. I went ahead and sprayed foam into all the cracks and nooks and such and they were coming out a few at a time doing the death dance.

Suddenly, I noted that more and more were coming out from a location I didnt expect. These didnt seem to be affected by the spray. So I looked underneath the window sill and spyed another crack I hadnt seen. I went ahead and sprayed it and then decided to hit all four sides. I had plenty of spray.

It was a bad idea. I had found the source.Actually, FOUR sources! It looked like the last scene from Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid with little angry soldiers spilling out from every nook and cranny. Of course Im pretty actively moving around in that squeaky chair sounding like a bad orchestra trying to tune up making aerial spray shots like a AA gunner. A couple of times I accidently was riding on 3 wheels because in backing up from a kamakaze style hornet attack I rolled a wheel out the door of the blind into mid air.....

Naturally I didnt see a hog. I didnt get stung either. I did have a couple of ladybugs land on the back of my neck which made me jump a bit! Oh well, maybe next time.....

callshot

Blackhawk
Fermin, try the revolver instead of the spray. It might be more fun. Be careful not to get those Africanized bees. We don't have them here yet. Are you sure it was the chair squeaking and not your old dried bones. What were you smoking any way? I have had to hire a secretary to help me with the raffle. :roll: She isn't much to look at, but will work for no pay since it is Christmas time and she isn't doing anything now. I have arranged to have the County Sheriff come and verify the drawing. Steve

callshot

Blackhawk
Guess what? Hoover, I had a Huckleberry shake last night from your favorite watering hole. :D I thought of you with every bite and licked the spoon twice just for good measure. :lol: It was good even though the wind chill factor was 30 degrees below O. I hear you are having cold weather now. :cry: Steve

2 dogs

Buckeye
To all the Callshot Fan Club members who participated in making our very fisrt Callshot Fan Club Raffle a tremendous success I offer my deepest thanks and look forward to celebrating our winners! It isnt everyday one gets to make someones Christmas extra special!

sebtool

Blackhawk
While all of you official Callshot Fan Club members kept me up waaaay too late last night, reading up on the last few months activities of '100%, nuthin' but the truth' ( :lol: )yarns of glory, gluttony, huckleberry shakes, leather thongs( :shock: ), potato(e)s, whirling dutch ovens, single action Rugers, parades and cock roaches, not to mention generosity, humanity, and semi-truckloads of kindness, it's purdy obvious why this is the only forum I try to keep tabs on, as time permits.

I guess I can't really apply for membership, as the only red plaid I currently own is on the inside of a 15 yr old Kmart special winter jacket, but I do have a .44 special, a .41 mag, and a dutch oven! Mebbe 1 day I'll qualify, IF the leather thong requirement ever becomes optional. :wink:

It's good to know that there are still good men and women out there with values and heart. Something that gets overlooked too often these days.

Carry on!

May you all have a safe, happy, holiday season with your loved ones.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

2 dogs

Buckeye
Aint got a thong? We got em in petite (barranti), xtra wide (mine), chunky guy (sixshot), and industrial (hoover), sizes available for loan!

Glad to have ya!

sebtool

Blackhawk
Geez, 2dogs, I'm..... almost..... speechless.... :eek:

Please don't explain the size chart, OK? I gotta sleep sometime tonite! :lol:

Have a good Christmas!

callshot

Blackhawk
There is more to this club than a thong. You have to enjoy shooting too. I had never heard of a thong until it came up on this post last July. Wouldn't be caught dead in one. Steve

Fowler

Single-Sixer
callshot said:
There is more to this club than a thong. You have to enjoy shooting too. I had never heard of a thong until it came up on this post last July. Wouldn't be caught dead in one. Steve

But you know while he never would have thought he would wear it he has grown fond of his thong and he never takes it off now.... :wink:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Congratulations Steve, this post has the distinction of being the ALL-Time most viewed post in the Rugerforum in a short 6 month period ! Must be some pretty interesting reading ! :lol:

contender

Ruger Guru
In all seriousness,,, (no joking) this "Callshot fan Club" is a great thing. Sebtool,, it's just a bunch of us who know Steve via this Forum,, or have been privilaged to have met him. Nothing official. In fact,, each time I open this posting/thread,, I'm reminded of one of Steve's earliest postings where he was a bit timid about posting among a lot of the oldtimers around here. As you can see,, not only has he been proven he's exactly the type of folk we appreciate,, we've even elevated him to a bit of a celebrity status. Why,, because all the kidding,, and good natured pics,, posts,, etc,, Steve is just a really nice gentleman. I'm honored to know him,, and he is truly,, a great Forum member. So,, jump in,, and you are fully accepted as a callshot fan. Serious tone turned off!

I refuse to wear a red plaid thong,,,! A true southerner knows better! :D

Latest posts