Ancient Technology

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Do you ever get the feeling that technology is going to pass us normal average people by and only the elite will be able to use it?
Well if you mean by being financially out of reach of those with average incomes, it already has in many cases.
If you mean mentally "average" I'd say not if you're motivated to learn and expend the effort, at least the stuff
that becomes somewhat "mainstream".
Throw me in a F-35 fighter and today I wouldn't know how to even start it, give me a week with a flight manual
and I'd bet my life on getting it airborne n a "paint by numbers" fashion. Most humans can learn if they have to.

caryc

Hawkeye
Well if you mean by being financially out of reach of those with average incomes, it already has in many cases.
If you mean mentally "average" I'd say not if you're motivated to learn and expend the effort, at least the stuff
that becomes somewhat "mainstream".
Throw me in a F-35 fighter and today I wouldn't know how to even start it, give me a week with a flight manual
and I'd bet my life on getting it airborne n a "paint by numbers" fashion. Most humans can learn if they have to.
Trouble is you'd have to land in that paint by numbers fashion. I think it would be easier to leave the ground than to put it on the ground safely.

When I made presentations to High School seniors about their careers, I would advise them:
1. Don't worry about what you're going to work on after you graduate from college.
2. The "thing" you'll want to work on hasn't been invented yet.

The pace of change has likely never been linear. It is accelerating - increasing at an ever-faster pace.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Had this set up and burned cassettes. This was 1979. Flash forward to now and only need the cassette player and turntable.

Attachments

• Resized_Scan008.jpeg
    Resized_Scan008.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220914_185426.jpg
    20220914_185426.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts