altamont grip inserts for sp101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ng14

Bearcat
Has anyone bought sp101 grip inserts from altamont? I was wondering how the quality was

41manor44

Single-Sixer
+1 for the chigsgrips.com. I have a number of them and fit and finish is excellent. Price is very reasonable.

wolfee

Blackhawk
I have a set of their ivory inserts. Fit is flawless which is a good thing because the screw which passes thru the grip to hold them in place only takes about 2 turns of purchase into a tiny soft brass ferrule. Careful, do not over tighten or you strip the threads in the ferrule.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
The Altamont inserts I bought were a bit thin and didn't come out flush to the surface of the grip. I cut out some plastic from an Uncle Mike's Holster blister-pack to back them with and that raised them enough. As someone else said be careful about overtightening them.

Best Regards,
ADP3

sunday bill

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Mojo, for the heads-up on www.chigsgrips.com. Saw your post, ordered'em, got'em today. Knockout fit and finish, no issues, quick service, very reasonable price=happy SP 101 owner.

wolfee

Blackhawk
chig, I just saw your stuff at your website. Looks very nice. Is the blond set on the short barrel GP100, with adjustible sights (5th gun from left in the big picture of your GP work), fiddleback maple? Do you plan to have a set of those in stock soon?

1chig

Bearcat
wolfee, i dont want to steal this thread but to answer your question, i will be having some like these in a few days, this wood (good wood) is hard to get sometimes but i found some and will make some as soon as i get it.

wolfee

Blackhawk
OK, thanks. I will watch for them there. If any further communication is needed I will private message you.

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
Excellent quality and a great price.

P1010148.jpg