Alaskan in 480 Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I noticed that Ruger is no longer showing the Alaskan in 480 Ruger on their website. It was listed last year, but I never saw any being sold anywhere. Does anyone know if they even made any in 2013?

s4s4u

Hunter
Everything changed after Dec '12. I don't expect to see much but black rifles, SD pistols and tactical crap for a good while yet.

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
I had one on order from 2/13 through 10/13 with my LGS. He had it on order from EVERY ONE of his Ruger Distributors. Nothing ever came available. I finally Gave up in Nov.

Really wanted one, not sure why, just seemed like the thing to have just because.
Kevin

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Looks like they gave up on the 480 again. Not listed in the alaskan or the SRH. Shame as it is probable the most sensible of all the big bore handgun calibers.

Maximumbob54

Bearcat
I was also told no distributor ever had any that any of my LGS's could source. I still hope they show up but I'm not betting on it. Maybe when the Redhawk line gets started back up again?

foilist

Bearcat
I doubt that Ruger will bring back the 480. It didn't sell too well the first time, much like the 327 Fed Mag. If a gun isn't selling they can't waste money making them. They have to cut their losses.

Latest posts