Accurate brand bullet molds ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Hunter
I rarely see them mentioned. A ton of options, in bullet style, mold size or mold materials. Every time I go to their site I feel like a kid in a candy store. Prices seem to be in line for what they offer.

Anybody use them?

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Considering the hundreds of choices and styles it would seem a good idea if you know what is what before ordering.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/index.php

wizofwas

Buckeye
Been to their site a few times, looked around and went "OMG"!!!! This looks like a great place to get a mold. But I had absolutely no idea what I was even looking at. All of the different options and designs and stuff and I got lost in a heartbeat. Being new at casting, (about 5 years now) I still have no idea what would work or not. I'll leave this place to the far more educated casters than I am. If you do get some molds from them, let us know how they work out.

06ackley

Single-Sixer
I have one of their molds.Use it in my 50AE, very nice mold and casts very nice.I would buy another mold from Tom without any hesitation.

dwayne

Single-Sixer
I have been casting bullets and round balls for nearly 50 years. I have used molds from Lyman, RCBS, Lee, NOE and Accurate Molds. Hands down, I prefer Accurate Molds. AM has a lot of mold designs -- that can be confusing. But, send Tom an e-mail and tell him basically what you want the bullet to do and he will make a recommendation for you. I highly recommend his work to serious bullet casters.

wdr2

Bearcat
I ordered one of his molds last spring for my Ruger 327 and 32H&Rs. Came in about 2 weeks, highest quality, casts very well, exactly as ordered. Mine is a 4-cav aluminum mold. I highly recommend Accurate Molds.

jsh

Single-Sixer
I have several myself. Great folks to work with for sure.
Don't know what your looking at. Pick a design and then just go through the process as if you were going to order it. I thought the same thing.
He had some designs that no one else I knew of would touch.

IMHO casters today have access to some of the finest molds ever.
The only way I will ever purchase another mold made for the masses is if it is a give away please price. I mean really,undersized, out of round, etc, why put up with it.
Yes it may cost a bit more, but the time and effort then the frustration just isn't worth it to me any more.
Some of the custom makers turn around is a bit longer, but still worth the wait and the extra few bucks.
I cull my CB's pretty hard. If it doesn't look exactly like the inside of the mold it's a cull, just to easy to recycle. So why settle for less. I know some say a flaw here or there is ok, or rounded lube groves shoot as well as perfectly square ones.
If you were to buy a box of bullets and it were full of dinged up,rounded over and pointed nose bullets, would you be good with that?

Go custom. Not sure just ask. You will be glad you did in the long run.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
I have two of their molds, both are superb. You can order, specifying the alloy you'll be using so as to get your "as cast" diameter just right. They're not cheap, but the machining and quality are worth it. Rod

okie44

Single-Sixer
I have a few of his molds and they are great to cast with. The 50-440BG was picked out of the catalog.
1028688f-73f4-43b2-93f6-d87661fb1f41_zpsujcsb9cq.jpg

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=50-440BG-D.png

The 43-280PG came about with an idea and a bit of help from Tom.
f6bd9488762289ee2abc71b2e41c34b9_zpskklvfdgd.jpg

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=43-280PG-D.png

mart

Bearcat
I have three of his molds so far and looking at a fourth once I decide what my Browning 53 likes the best. I have a 45 Colt 300 grain WFN, a .411 mold that throws a 320 and a 400 grain bullet for my 400 Whelen and a .358 200 grain WFN for the 357 Maximum.

All three are brass molds and are beautifully crafted. Buy with confidence.