A man's guide to fuse replacement :)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
Tell me that you've never made due with what you had on hand :mrgreen:

Fuse%20Replacement_zpsfhza6dw1.jpg

tinman

Buckeye
Wait! Where's the gum wrapper..........oh, never mind.......that one's for the car. :roll:

H.H. Hipshot

Single-Sixer
What, no penny in the fuse box? I remember those. We even had a penny lying beside the fuse panel so that it would be handy just in case.

HHH

olcop

Single-Sixer
H.H. Hipshot said:
What, no penny in the fuse box? I remember those. We even had a penny lying beside the fuse panel so that it would be handy just in case.

HHH
And, remember that your grandfather "forgot" to tell you never run your finger around the fuse socket before inserting the penny?
I can still hear him laughing!
olcop

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
tinman said:
Wait! Where's the gum wrapper..........oh, never mind.......that one's for the car. :roll:
...or the 20A foil from a cigarette pack and the proverbial paperclip or bent wire. :D

flyinfred

Blackhawk
Yeah that penny works real well....except when it doesn't....as when my wife's grandfather put one in his fuse
box and the house burnt down......only my explanation to the fire marshal kept him out of trouble....your experience may vary
but.....
They got out but just barely....emt's said another 30 seconds and they would not have made it....