9mm speed 6

Help Support Ruger Forum:

87flht

Single-Sixer
Just picked it up, I probably paid too much but I wanted it . Gun is perfect , no papers it shipped in a plastic box . My question did I remember the factory cleaned out some old stuff lately , I thought I heard of new shipped 6's or maybe it was the 9mm with that funny extractor . Sorry no serial number , I'm too lazy to go get it

contender

Ruger Guru
The only way a Speed-Six would recently come from the factory would be via one of their factory auctions.
The serial number would show when is was made,, but not when it shipped. A $10 letter would get that info.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
There was a factory cleanout from Newport in 2009 where a big Ruger dealer near me got a bunch of NOS -Sixes but they all came in cardboard boxes with shippers that had modern barcoded end labels. Some of them had incorrect catalog numbers.

Full-Shipment.jpg

I haven't heard of anything like that since, although as contender said, Ruger does sometimes put an old gun on GunBroker in whatever container they have and I think a few of those have been -Six series DA's in plastic cases. But they would at least put a reprint manual and a padlock in the case.

A new condition 9mm Speed Six might sell for $1K or more these days, so if you paid less than that, you did well. There are a lot more 2.75" guns than 4" guns, so if a 4", add some $$ to the value.

87flht

Single-Sixer
WMG that's probably the clean out I'm talking about , I'm happy with it but now I might need to look for a postal or naval
NCI ?