9mm cylinder into a NM Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I completed my quest to find a 9mm cylinder for a customers NM Blackhawk .357.

That got me thinking. I picked up a shooter NM .357 Blackhawk a year ago. Any big deal about finding/fitting a 9mm cylinder for my gun? I know the OAL needs to match closely or be a touch bigger and be brought down to fit. Was/is there anything special done to the "convertible" Blackhawks or is it just the additional cylinder fit to the gun?

The cylinder OAL in my Blackhawk is 1.957"

contender

Ruger Guru
So far,, anytime I have had a spare cylinder that fit the frame window,, I've not had to do anything else. Just install & check alignment,, then go shooting.
And as you have noted,, if it's a little "long" it can be shaved down to fit.

loaded round

Hunter
I don't know if this information is helpful or not. I own a 1962 OM Blackhawk in .357 Mag and several years ago I bought a used but excellent condition 9 MM Blackhawk cylinder on eBay and fitted to my old Blackhawk revolver. It just took some very minor fitting to install this 9mm cylinder. Truthfully, I don't know which model Blackhawk it can from, but it worked perfectly and actually shoots fairly nice groups at 25 yds. It gave me a 357/9MM convertible Blackhawk for 50.00 and about 45 minutes of my time. Go for it!