50th Anniversary .357 Blackhawk Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
I stopped at a local shop tonight on the way home from work to pick up some ammo, and of course always have to check out the "used case"

In there is a 4 5/8" bbl .357 Blackhawk blued with black grips marked on the top of the barrel "1955-2005" 50th Anniversary in gold. It has it's original Red case and instruction manual. You can tell the gun has been shot some. It's not perfect, but very nice. The tag says $319.00 (plus tax & background)

I've purchased enough handguns lately, but my brother is interested in it......he asked me to "ask the expterts" for your opinions on value to decide if it's a good buy......any thoughts are appreciated as always!!

Thanks!

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
That's a decent price depending on condition of course. They are generally a step above normal production in fit & finish. I have heard nothing but praise about the 50th Anniversary guns. I put buffalo horn grips on mine and it is a shooter.

Rclark

Hunter
They were priced at $349/$369 at CDNN just a few months ago when they were in stock. Just as a price reference. Very nice revolvers. Like mine.

hittman

Staff member
Seems fair but not a steal at $320 if you can get them new from CDNN at $350.

w5lx

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
Seems fair but not a steal at $320 if you can get them new from CDNN at $350.

CDNN hasn't had any in stock for several months now. I can't find anyone who has them in stock anymore. Cabelas had some on closeout a couple of months ago at $499. They sold out quickly.

G2

Hunter
It sure looked like CDNN got the clean-up guns at time and they have been sold out for some time. I see these guns at the low right now.

Where can you buy a Steel Grip Frame (+$50), Ejector Rod Housing (+$35), Micro Sight (+$40) Gun for just over 3 bills.

Now is the time. IMO

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
Thanks Everyone, for all the input!

I'll let my brother know the general conscensus....if he hasn't read this thread yet himself :wink:

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
don44 said:
They are indeed nice revolvers.

I have a 1964 Old Model 357 Blackhawk that has the short 4 5/8" bbl that I would probably say is my favorite revolver I own for target shooting with 38 Specials. It's accurate and easy on my hand.....I wouldn't trade that old Ruger off for anything. It just has "that feel".

My brother really enjoys shooting it as well, and seeing the Anniversary model yesterday, I thought this would be a good one for him as I know it will be a pleasure to shoot like mine, and the Anniversary to him and myself is kind of special/unique. (I think)