500 Linebaugh & Falling Trees

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lee Martin

Hunter
I was screwing around with new 525 loads today and killed a couple of trees. Seems as if there's a gap in my back-stop and the bullets impacted some oaks 15 yards off. My 9th shot caused the left one to fall. Pretty neat really. As the gun came down from recoil a tree toppled. 30 or so rounds later and the one right behind it went too. No doubt they had taken a lot of lead prior, in fact this isn't the first time it has happened. But never two in the same day.

This one is on the edge so next time maybe I can ground it.

contender

Ruger Guru
That 500 is destroying the backstop! :D
I'd be a bit concerned about the vehicle parked too close for my comfort.
Killing trees,,, don't let the greenies hear you say that! Oh the horror, you actually used a gun to kill trees! :D

you must have 'short' fingers on your right hand , you keep pushing your point of impact over to the left 8) :)

NICE gun !!! and I'll use a chain saw on MY trees......... :wink:

( which reminds me of the chains we used to "mess" up hitting lead & debris 'buried' in old wood :shock:

Did I say "NICE gun" ????

callshot

Blackhawk
If you would make some grips out of the downed wood with a few slugs still imbedded it would be very interesting to have pictures for us that can't hit trees!

MaxP

Buckeye
contender said:
That 500 is destroying the backstop! :D
I'd be a bit concerned about the vehicle parked too close for my comfort.
Killing trees,,, don't let the greenies hear you say that! Oh the horror, you actually used a gun to kill trees! :D

I don't think that old Jeep has moved in about a dozen years or more. We have yet to hit it (but there is time!)!

jefats

Bearcat
Hi Lee,
I have some 525 grain slugs ordered for my 500 Linebaugh and was wondering if you might share some load data. I wanted to stay in the 900 f/s range. Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Jim

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I shot a fair sized pecan tree down on my place that I had screwed a target onto. Took an accumulation of rounds from .300 Savage, .270, .30-06, and .300 Win Mag over a couple of years, but shot the trunk in two.

Latest posts