429421 VS 250K

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

As noted,, velocity isn't judged by the design,, but by the alloy, the type of lube, or power coating, and the actual fit to the throats & barrel.
Besides each gun is an individual machine. What works great in one,, may be horrible in another.

And as a wise old timer taught me; "Velocity ain't worth diddly without accuracy.'

Accuracy trumps all.

Sapo

Single-Sixer
Pretty much identical save the lube groove, round vs square. Only the earliest 429421 may have a square groove?? IIRC, the round groove was an expedient for manufacture.

NikA

Buckeye
The 429421 molds I've handled have produced undersized bullets for .432 bores and resulted in leading even at mild velocities. Not sure the 250K is better, I went with .432 and .434 molds from other smaller makers.

Bill.68

Bearcat
Sorry for having sort of forgotten that I posed this question, I had alot of personal stuff kick off and have been completely sidetracked for a while.
Im not a total newb to reloading having started about 8 years ago and feel I have a decent grasp on the basics like sizing, hardness vs velocities etc.. but I know I remember reading a thread on another forum, with participants Ive come to trust that they liked one bullet better for full bore loadings than the other. Not saying that one is better overall than the other but just that one seemed to perform better at higher velocities than the other and the other gave (usually) better performance at lower velocities.
I personally use alot of both and like both and was curious about what those here thought, if anything, about this.