380/9mm luger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
Not in a straightforward way. 9mm cases are tapered, while .380 cases are straight. You might be able to only resize the front portion of the 9mm case to hold a bullet. You might still encounter feed issues from the unsized portion of the case, and you'd likely have problems seating and taper crimping bullets with the .380 dies.

You could fiddle with it and possibly make it work, but you'd be better off buying another die set. Used 9mm dies are not uncommon.

hogan

Single-Sixer
Yea I have been doing some searches and the info I am finding are very conflicting, so it is time for me to open my cheepskate wallet and spring for some new dies.

jrtrapp1

Bearcat
Good posts above. You MIGHT be able to neck size, flare and crimp with a stand alone crimp die but odds are it will not work or will certainly not work well. Buy a set of Lee dies. They are cheap and do the job.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
9mm case is tapered 380 is not . also 9mm is slightly longer than 380. buy a set of 9mm dies , I would recommend rcbs carbide dies with a lee crimp die but if you wanted to save a few dollars you could buy the lee 4 die set .

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
sandman228 said:
9mm case is tapered 380 is not . also 9mm is slightly longer than 380. buy a set of 9mm dies , I would recommend rcbs carbide dies with a lee crimp die but if you wanted to save a few dollars you could buy the lee 4 die set .

I use the Lee 4 die set every week and have for years as the wife shoots a .380 at least once a week.

Works perfectly.