357 LCR Trigger Pull In Pounds???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ronto

Hunter
A question on the 357 LCR:

Is the LCR DA/SA or DAO? If DA/SA, what is the trigger pull in each mode?

I have had the 357 DAO SP101 for about 6 years and a 14 pound trigger pull is getting a little too much for my slowly getting arthritic hands. I'm reluctant to change springs for reliability reasons and a 2 pound reduction may not make that much of a difference.
I'll probably sell/trade the SP101 in favor of the 357 or 38+P LCR depending on the trigger pull of the LCR.

Your comments and input are appreciated.

Pal Val

Buckeye
My niece's DAO .38 LCR has a bit lighter pull than my SP101. It's more than my trigger gauge measures, but it feels lighter. I have not seen any aftermarket parts designed to lighten the trigger pull, and I have not taken one apart to see if the same work I did on the SP101 can be done in the LCR.

This leaves the matter to a qualified gunsmith.

ronto

Hunter
Since the LCR is DAO and the trigger pull is so large that your guage can't measure it, the LCR is out of contention for me.

I guess I'll sell/trade my DAO SP101 for a DA/SA SP101 which has a 6 pound SA trigger pull.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
RonT try out that LCR trigger pull at almost any gun store. There is considerable difference not only in the weight of the trigger pull but in the mechanics as well. You might be pleasantly surprised. :D :D

Latest posts