32 S&W long in 32 H&R

Help Support Ruger Forum:

patrickjames

Single-Sixer
Went out the other day and ran a box's of 32 S&W longs Magtech ammo in my 32 H&R and was impressed on how snappy it was.I have given up finding the 32 H&R SP ammo.The 32 S&W magtech shot excellent.Just thought I would share this with everybody.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I have been reloading for the .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R for a very long time. I cast my own bullets and have come to prefer the RCBS 98 SWC or the Cast Boolit Group Buy 100 gr Keith for both cartridges.

Since Federal was the only supplier of H&R brass and quit selling components to the public I was FORCED to use .32 S&W Long cases. I really only needed target loads and that is served well with .32 S&W L brass.

After Starline started producing .32 H&R brass I ordered a couple of thousand and have been happy with them. However, I learned to really like the .32 long brass and often find myself just loading them.

I find that a 100 gr Keith bullet in .32 S&W Long brass over 2.8 grs of 231 makes an excellent target load and also works very well on edible small game.

Dale53

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
Nothing wrong with shooting the shorter .32 Long cartridge in the SSM ruger.
They are fun, accurite & reloading them is economical too....
myguns411.jpg

BenT

Bearcat
I use the 32 SW for light loads and the 32 H&R for heavy loads. I also have a H&R 732 in 32 SW that shoots nice.

jackruff

Bearcat
I have an H&R Model 733 which is labeled .32 S&W. I'm not sure what the difference is between a 732 and a 733. Even though mine is labeled .32 S&W it shoots .32 S&W Longs without any problem. It's a fun little gun to shoot and appears to be very well made. I've had an H&R 929 nine shot .22 since I bought it new about 40 years ago. Except for a little of the bluing being worn off it's in as good shape as when it was bought. I was a young teacher then and couldn't afford even a Ruger, much less the Colt Frontier Scout that I really wanted.