32 H&R Mag question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

patrickjames

Single-Sixer
I'm having a heck of a time finding loaded factory JSP ammo for my wifes's 32 H&R mag. Can I shoot any of the other 32 calipers that are available such as the 32 Smith and Wesson.

WARD

Single-Sixer
32 S&W short and long will both fire safely in the 32 Mag chamber. Think of it as being similar to the 22 short, long and long rifle. Remember to clean out the cylinder with a good stiff brush so the 32 mag cartridge doesn't have any trouble chambering.

Ward

Bkat

Blackhawk
Several weeks ago I found .32 H&R magnum online at Midway and had it in three days. I've seen a good bit of S&W Long at various gun stores around here.

Bkat

Del J

Single-Sixer
My wife has been using 32 S&W longs in Ruger Single Sixes .32 Mags for about four years. Longs are easy to find for me. Ward gave you very good advise about the cleaning of the chambers, I do this about every other shooting. I also use a .38 special brush.
Del J

CraigC

Hawkeye
You can also shoot .32ACP in a pinch. I've never tested it for accuracy but it's semi-rimmed and goes bang every time.

Lo-Bo

Bearcat
32 longs shoot great out of all my .32 mags. But if you really want to shoot any of the .32's reloading is the way. Since I cast also a box of 50 rounds is less than $3. Compare that to store bought stuff at $25 to $30.