22 conversion kits

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
The new NRA mag I got today has a writeup on a new Colt .22 Government Model (made by Umarex)--whole gun, not a conversion. Weight is a substantial 36 ounces (sweet!). Suggested retail is given as $379, which should make its "real world" price competitive with some of the conversion units. Might be worth a look. :wink:

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Ciener's, Marvel's, and Advantage Arms all work on my SR1911. All three produce sub 2" groups at 25 yds from a rest. The Colt made conversion unit, with the integral sliding chamber will not fit on the frame. Rod

Richbaker

Blackhawk
Snake45 said:
The new NRA mag I got today has a writeup on a new Colt .22 Government Model (made by Umarex)--whole gun, not a conversion. Weight is a substantial 36 ounces (sweet!). Suggested retail is given as $379, which should make its "real world" price competitive with some of the conversion units. Might be worth a look. :wink:

Made by Walther, imported by Umarex....... I just finished the article a couple hours ago.

Snake45

Hawkeye
loaded round said:
My Ciener Platinum Cup conversion unit fits and cycles my slide on my new SR1911. Have not had the opportunity to fire it yet. Report will follow.
I'd be interested in your accuracy results. I have three of his standard units and would love to know if the Platinum Cup version is any more accurate.

loaded round

Hunter
Snake45:
Well I got to shoot my 22 Ciener PC Conversion Unit yesterday morning at my club's indoor range. At 25 ft, using 25 yard slow fire pistol targets and Remington standard velocity 22 rf ammo, I was able to keep most rounds into 11/2-2'' groups after some break in time. I was shooting off a rest (I'm not that good these days) Unit was operating a bit suggishly even after I had lubed it previously. Had some Lubriplate in my kit and lubed up the unit's rails. Worked perfectly after that. I would suspect that I could get tighter groups with different brands of ammo...and will certainly try. I'm very impressed with Ciener Platinum Cup Conversion Unit.

Snake45

Hawkeye
loaded round said:
Snake45:
Well I got to shoot my 22 Ciener PC Conversion Unit yesterday morning at my club's indoor range. At 25 ft, using 25 yard slow fire pistol targets and Remington standard velocity 22 rf ammo, I was able to keep most rounds into 11/2-2'' groups after some break in time. I was shooting off a rest (I'm not that good these days) Unit was operating a bit suggishly even after I had lubed it previously. Had some Lubriplate in my kit and lubed up the unit's rails. Worked perfectly after that. I would suspect that I could get tighter groups with different brands of ammo...and will certainly try. I'm very impressed with Ciener Platinum Cup Conversion Unit.
My three standard units will shoot about 1 1/2" at 50 feet. Doesn't sound like the Platinum version is any more accurate, it just has adjustable sights. The standard sights are very decent and after I got them drifted where I want them, I've had no complaints with them.

loaded round

Hunter
Snake45:
You had aroused my curiosity about my Ciener Platinum Cup 22 unit, so I purchased a box of Eley Tenex Pistol Match ammuntion last Saturday and ran it through my Ciener 22 unit at anidoor 25 ft target yesterday. My resultant largest 3 shot group was 1/2 in. Most were much better, averaging around 3/8 in from a supported rest. I hope that will satisfy you regarding the Platinum Cup's inherit accuracy; it did for me. :D

Snake45

Hawkeye
I wonder what my standard Cieners would do with that high-test match ammo. I've never shot them with anything more expensive/accurate than Winchester Dynapoints, and usually shoot them with the cheap Walmart Fed Bulk or Remington Golden Bullets. :?

loaded round

Hunter
Snake45:
Just don't try your Ciener's with Eley Match ammo. Much too expensive and it could become habit forming and then I'd have you rather PO'ed at me.
LR :)