22 caliber "kitguns"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
J.C.-Higgins-model-88.jpg

Funny how this style of cylinder fluting was considered "weird" until Ruger did it 60 years later with the LCR.
Now it's OK.

other manufacturers similar to the S&W line were also colloquially known as 'Kit Guns' ;)

1965 H&R Model 929 Sidekick

1965%20H%26R%20Side-Kick.jpg

1939 H&R Defender 38

H%26R%20Defender%2038.jpg

.38 s&w is so anemic that some rounds tumble through the paper sideways 🙃

defender%202016.03.25.jpg
In the town where I grew up the police used to carry .38s but a couple witnessed them bouncing off a windshield on their makeshift range, they switched out- but I don't remember what replaced them.

BearBiologist

Hunter
Have had several in the past that qualify but all I have now are a Glock 22lr and a Ruger Super Single Six (there may be an old Single Six 22 lr in the safe!

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Not a fan of the gun, but am a HUGE fan of that knife!
You're not alone in not being stirred by that gun and there are many jobs I would not choose it for . Not a target, hunting or high volume range gun.
But, there are jobs it excels at. Thanks to the dovetailed front sight it easily shoots to perfect point of aim and is remarkably accurate if you do your part.
When it comes walking a few miles it is easy to carry in an unobtrusive cross draw holster making it hard to beat.
You know, pretty much the focus of this kit gun thread's objectives. Many do not have a need for this kind of gun but they are really my most carried style.
Here is another very similar one that get equal packin time.

100_0586.jpg

jdavis

Single-Sixer
A number of years ago, I was looking for a replacement for the S&W 63 that I had sold a couple of years before. I have a model 17 but I wanted something a bit smaller for my "kit gun". Model 63s were difficult to find back then and a bit pricey even used. I finally ran across this 9 shot
IMG_0155.jpeg
Taurus 990 in SS and it has proven to be a great alternative. It has proven to be both reliable and accurate after countless rounds of various .22lr ammo. In fact, due to its slightly larger frame, i shoot it better than my old 63.

rem58sport

Bearcat
Don't kick me off the Ruger forum for this but.....I picked this Heritage up as a pack/kit gun. This one has never missed a beat and is well within my accuracy standards. It can get kicked, dirty and muddy and I'm good with this 3.5"er.

HRR Birdshead copy.jpeg

Latest posts