2017 FoNRA special Vaquero **Picture added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
The Friends of the NRA are going to celebrate 25 years in 2017.
They have a special Ruger to go to the committees who have been continuous for these 25 years. There will ONLY be 70 of these guns.
Here is a copy of part of the email I received.

"With 2017 being our 25th Anniversary year, our 25 year committees will be receiving another gun to be auction off at their banquet next year. They will be receiving a Ruger Vaquero Stainless .45 Colt Revolver with our Anniversary logo AND special serialization. See attached flyer. We had Ruger put 1993-201701 through 70 as the serial number. MON-1 (our first event) will be receiving a special one with serial number 1992-201701 and will have Founding Committee engraved on it along with our Anniversary logo."

A pic;

46GGfys.jpg

Now a list of the committees;

25 Year Committees

AR-3
Northwest Arkansas

AZ-1
Central Arizona

AZ-2
East Valley

AZ-7
Yavapai

AZ-8
Northern Arizona

CAE-1
Foothill

CAE-9
Amador County

CAN-3
Sonoma County

CO-2
Pueblo

CT-1
Nutmeg

FLN-1
North Florida

FLN-2
Florida Panhandle

FLN-3
First Coast

FLN-7
Silver River

FLS-4
Space Coast

FLS-5
Bay Area

ID-10
Upper Snake River

ILN-2
Dupage-Will

ILN-3
Winnebago-Boone

ILN-5
Fox Valley

ILN-6
East Central Illinois

ILS-1
Riverbend

ILS-4
Logan County

KY-3
Big Rivers

MI-1
Cheboygan

MI-2
Central Michigan

MI-3
West Michigan

MI-4
Tri-Cities

MON-1
Mid-Missouri

MOS-3
South East Missouri

MT-1
Billings Area

NCE-3
Coastal Carolina

NCE-5
Southeastern North Carolina

NCE-8
Sandhills

NCW-1
Western North Carolina THAT"S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCW-7
Triad

ND-2
Theodore Roosevelt

NM-1
Butterfield Trail

NM-3
Rio Grande

NYL-1
Nassau County

NYL-3
Hudson Valley

NYU-1
Central NY

OK-5
Green Country

OR-3
High Desert

OR-4
Emerald Valley

PAE-14
Susquehanna Valley

PAE-8
Berks Area

PAE-3
Cumberland Valley

PAW-1
PA's 1st

PAW-12
Conemaugh Valley

PAW-15
Tool City

PAW-17
Washington County

PAW-5
Gateway

PAW-7
Erie County

PAW-9
General Butler

SC-1
Mid-Carolina

TXS-1
Corpus Christi

TXS-2
Central Texas

TXS-3
Houston Metro

TXS-8
Brazos Valley

WA-10
Southwest Washington

WA-11
Columbia Basin

WA-12
Spokane

WA-16
North Puget Sound

WI-1
Madison Area

WV-1
Midland Trail

WY-1
Casper

Now,, I will have a few pics as soon as I can.

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
The way I'm reading this, you are planning to use it for the Live Auction. Have you considered a pre-event raffle that lasts through the night of the event and drawing a raffle number to see who wins it. I'm betting you would make more money and you would expose your event to more people. Just a thought. We've also done stuff like that on the live auction by adding a raffle that allows the winner that get's to pick what ever item they want off the live auction before the live auction starts. who knows, they may pick something else. This one would depend on how big an event your event is. Our event raised $20k just one this one raffle, but it was a really large event. Sounds like FoNRA is on their game.

contender

Ruger Guru
We are one of the first FoNRA events in the country, and in NC. Our Rep likes to use my event as a "testing ground" for several ideas & how to make the most annually.
As an early event, a pre-event raffle,, is a hard sell,,,, FOR US,,, for 2 reasons. One, we do not have the number of committee members necessary to make this a bigger success than it will as a live auction item. Second,, we are battling the Christmas holidays with peoples time & pocketbooks. We do not get the stuff in time to do a good longer term pre-event raffle.

My committee has tried some pre-event raffles in the past & it's not been as successful FOR MY bunch as it has for many other committees. We had a Harley Davidson we tried to do a few years back, across all of our Rep's area. 27 committees sold tickets,,, & my committee funded the Harley. We barely got our cost back in credit for all our work. It was a bust.

I do know that when you have a good committee, with members who know how to sell tickets, or have a good venue to sell tickets, (gun shows etc,) that pre-event raffles do excellent. My committee just doesn't have that luxury. Our event suffers from members w/o the time to work a gun show, even if we do a pre-event raffle all year. We've done that once. It's also hard to get a show promoter to allow 6-8 free passes to our committee workers when we've tried it locally.

Each committee is run a bit differently, and I'm sure there may be a few committees & events that will possibly do a pre-event raffle on one of these rare guns.

I hope that ALL of these guns land in the hands of serious Ruger collectors!

Well, darn it all (I'm thinking stronger language right now), it doesn't look like the FoNRA banquet that I go to is a 25th year committee so I won't be able to bid on the Vaquero. Well I guess I'll save my money for the OGCA banquet this summer.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ron,,, find an event that is near you, that will have that gun up for auction. Have someone bid for you. I'll call you with more thoughts later.

A.J.

Single-Sixer
Beautiful guns. I like the blued ones better though. They look more "cowboy" and less "blingy". To each his own.

contender

Ruger Guru
These special NRA Vaquero's are bringing between $2000 & $3500 average when auctioned at the events that are able to get them. We just had our last one of our area a week ago, and that Vaquero went for $2200.
I know some events have raffled them,, but overall,,, when auctioned, they have done quite well for the FoNRA.