1957. RST4

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Recently, I walked into my LGS. , and the clerk showed me a mint Ruger Standard. With red box. I read $190.00 and said "Start the paper work!" On right side of receiver it's stamped " Sturm, Ruger. & CCO. " it has an extra "C" in Company. Anyone ever see this before ? This pistol is 99% bluing. Original magazine doesn't feed well but functions perfectly with 2 new mags

4kdave

Blackhawk
Sorry to hear that but was commenting on the $190 for a Red Eagle. Chad at Red Eagle News, might be able to fill you in on the extra "C" as he knows about all there is to know about Rugers. Email is [email protected]

hittman

Staff member
Congrats on a good find. Yeah, RENE likely has the answers for you. I've got an older 44 Carbine that's supposed to be 100- prefix serial number. It's actually 1 0-!
The 2nd digit ...... 1st "0" is missing. Probably doesn't increase the value .... just a neat oddity to some of us.

contender

Ruger Guru
A 1957 RST4 will not be a Red Eagle. But to find a "mistake" like that stirs some collectors. Little things do happen & make for interesting variations. NICE find! Pics please!

chet15

Hawkeye
daveg.inkc said:
Recently, I walked into my LGS. , and the clerk showed me a mint Ruger Standard. With red box. I read $190.00 and said "Start the paper work!" On right side of receiver it's stamped " Sturm, Ruger. & CCO. " it has an extra "C" in Company. Anyone ever see this before ? This pistol is 99% bluing. Original magazine doesn't feed well but functions perfectly with 2 new mags

daveg.inkc:
Would you be able to post a picture of the rollmark?
I've seen a "CC" rollmark before because the right portion of the O in "CO" broke off the rollmark and made it look like CC, then Ruger went to an INC rollmark (this was on the OM Super Blackhawk about 80-10xxx.
But I've never seen a CCO rollmark. At this time it sounds like the rollmark might have been double rolled somehow?
Chet15

Latest posts