16 hour day's..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Not the amount of light.. which is still pretty impressive, even tho it has rained nearly every day for a month or so.. it is still daylight until quite late.
Nope... I've been working 16 hours, or better, getting my gig, to earn a living going.
My brain was not willing to accept learning all this new software... such a Inkscape.. which.. much to my surprise, I'm actually learning a bit. I'm also nearly done with my webpage.. At least the "baby" version.... All I need now is a domain name. Which is still an issue. The one I was really hoping for is taken. My alternates are all fine but still second choice ya know....
I decided to NOT attach myself to Alaska.. seeing as how I may not always live here, and I want my website, blog and other media to be able to follow me,, without having to change everything...
My first products are ready, with a lot more designs on the way... The leather, and sewing end of things is coming in last, as I lack the funds to buy any substantial amount of material to design with... (I'm working on that).... But it may have to wait to come online this winter..
Only a nutjob like me would try and combine selling mugs, hoodies, prints/photo's, leather sheaths, pouches and slings, along with furs.. all on one website... and NOT BE amazon....

I'll post the link to my new website as soon as I'm sure all the kinks are out.... There is even a ruger forum members "only" page that can be accessed with a password... That I will share with all of you... as soon as I come up with one.....

Here are a few things I've been working on..... these are still prototypes.. I have ordered samples to be sure everything is correct... As soon as I have approved all the designs they will be listed on the site...
The story behind the "saved" mugs and shirts is simply... if anyone buys one.. they are quite actually, saving my life... so they get bragging rights... and a bit of my attitude..... :cool::p

Attachments

• legacy_mug_2.jpeg
    legacy_mug_2.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 42
  • legacy_travel_mug_1.jpeg
    legacy_travel_mug_1.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 40
  • saved_bill_mug 1.jpg
    saved_bill_mug 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 40
  • ak_mug_design_1_alternate.jpeg
    ak_mug_design_1_alternate.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 44
  • reubens_butt.jpeg
    reubens_butt.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 55

Ride1949

Buckeye
Good luck to you Reuben. I hope you get your site up and running soon. I had one for my business ( I'm retired now :p) and know what a pain in the butt it can be to get everything running smoothly.

KIR

Blackhawk
About 50 yrs. ago, I read that the U.S. Navy did research that after 10 hours of work, a person's ability/production drastically went down hill.
Just mentioning this in regards to title of post.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Hmm... interesting..... maybe the navy and air force worked 10 hours or less.. But the Army functioned a bit differently!!
I don't have much time, before I head back to the homestead, and the unlimited wifi, I have been enjoying will go away... Everything meaty has to be done within the next 30 days or so...
Because by the end of september I won't be able to do much until after the river freezes....
As for losing productivity..... at the rate I work, that is almost impossible!!.... :p:D

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
It was just an update Pat..... A follow up to the thread on my new website....
No real point other than information... sorry for the confusion..

Latest posts