12 gauge red label owners

Help Support Ruger Forum:

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
Before I mussel anything , taking the shot gun down question. Remove fore end ,check. Now what? I can't get the barrels to break using the lever. It's a new to me shotgun. Any help appreciated!

eveled

Hawkeye
Does it open with the forend on?

Its been a long time since mine has left the safe. But I don't remember any trick being necessary. Certainly no muscle.

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
Figure I'd update! Pretty much just had to bump the action over my knee and "whalla " she opened. Little clp and now comes apart smoothly! It came with just the two chokes that were installed. I removed them to give them a little oil and looked for a marking of what choke size they were. Well they removed easily but we're not marked. I gave Ruger a call where according to the nice lady ,having 4 slots ,both were extra full! Being 1988 vintage the Shop Ruger website did not carry chokes for it. So a call to Briley ,who suppled chokes for Ruger, informed me the my gun took the short, flush length Winchester choke. So I ordered an Improved cly, modified and improved mod. So hopefully I'll be set! I did head to the trap,skeet field with both extra full chokes. Dang Canadian smoke affected my shooting! lol

Funky

Bearcat
Congratulations on your new shotgun, I think that You will have great fun with it. ( I know, I did and still do with mine) Good Luck Chris