100 yd 22 rimfire competition.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
This is me spotting for my daughter in her first 100 yard 22rf f class match. She shot a 469 with 3x's using this mk2 with BSA Platinum 8-32x44 scope (with EGW 20moa base and weaver rings) and Aguilla match ammo. She has always only shot our rifles from the bench and always at a max of about 50 yards. When we got the rifle we spent 2 hours one day off the bench trying different types of ammo. After we finally settled on the Aguilla (bummed 10 rounds from a fellow shooter at the range and got the best results with it), i started having my doubts if we could find any in time for the match. Another fellow shooter came to our rescue with 4 boxes. It was windy saturday and she had about an hour to practice after getting the rifle zerod best we could. This match was the first time she has shot in any match, and the cirst time EVER she has shot prone. We got some tweaking to do on her stance but i was VERY proud of her doing as good as she did!! I also picked up some Lapua and SK ammo Saturday so now we can try it and by next match will have settled on an ammo that shoots the best in the rifle. She will also have more practice under her belt. All in all i was pleased with the outcome and im one proud papa.

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Love seeing pictures of the kids "getting started" in the shooting sports. If they're anything like I was at that age, they'll remember every minute for a LONG time!

Thanks, Joe: you've got every right to be a proud Papa!

Rick C

swobard

Bearcat
Great to read of youngsters learning to appreciate shooting sports! You've got every right to be proud.

Joe S.

Hunter
The little guy on the right was fighting a smile but he was trying to keep up with the other boys. :)

Hes a good shot. His grandpa was showing us a card that he cut at 50 yards with his Kimber. Pretty neat