100 Rounds

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Phoenix too

Blackhawk
So I shot the last of the 100 round box of Federal 230 grain today.

My only issue: Several times, when I've first (only the first time, not after emptying the first mag and inserting the second) the first round has jammed.

DSC_0012.jpg

From 35-40 feet, two hands.

I like it. :D (I'd rather have Dad's, but...)

mattsbox99

Hunter
Were you pulling the slide back and letting it slam home or depressing the slide stop, or slowly riding the slide home? Also make sure you are fully inserting the magazine, don't be all gentle and gooey with it.

My SOP with all semi autos is to pull the slide back and let it slam home.

Phoenix too

Blackhawk
LOL, I'm such a gentle-handed guy - how'd you know? Thanks for that, no problems today. :) (At least in that department!)

mattsbox99

Hunter
Haha, between Rev and Boray I don't know anything about 1911s and I'm just a tolerated troll. :)

Here's a gem from Boray;
"...prolific posters who'll expound at length on subjects they clearly know nothing about. Are these people actually helpful participating members or simply well known but tolerated trolls?"

boray

Bearcat
mattsbox99 said:
Haha, between Rev and Boray I don't know anything about 1911s and I'm just a tolerated troll. :)

Here's a gem from Boray;
"...prolific posters who'll expound at length on subjects they clearly know nothing about. Are these people actually helpful participating members or simply well known but tolerated trolls?"
I didn't mention your name so you just assumed I was talking about you? That's very telling. Apparently the shoe fit. I asked you nicely to ignore my posts. It's obvious you own every gun ever made and know everything about everything, I mean who'd have ever thought to let the slide slam home with more force? John Browning was a poser, when it comes to 1911's you're the man! I'm asking you again to ignore my posts and NEVER, EVER CALL ME OUT AGAIN, especially in a thread in which I did not even participate. If you have the need to speak to me do it to my virtual face not like a chicken sh*t on another post. Got It? Do I make myself clear? Can you shut your wordhole long enough to comprehend this? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I realize you suffer from a terminal case of diarrhea of the mouth, but it's not that hard to grasp.

robfrommaine

Bearcat
The first time I went to chamber a round, I racked the slide on mine using the above mentioned "gentle" technique. I wasn't going to shoot, I was just getting the feel for the gun. And, yeah, the round didn't chamber fully. I knew what the cause was. See step #5 on page 15 of the owner's manual.
Like Mattsbox99 says, pretty much every semi-auto pistol loads this way.

revhigh

Hawkeye
boray said:
mattsbox99 said:

Here's a gem from Boray;
I didn't mention your name so you just assumed I was talking about you? That's very telling. Apparently the shoe fit. I asked you nicely to ignore my posts. It's obvious you own every gun ever made and know everything about everything, I mean who'd have ever thought to let the slide slam home with more force? John Browning was a poser, when it comes to 1911's you're the man! I'm asking you again to ignore my posts and NEVER, EVER CALL ME OUT AGAIN, especially in a thread in which I did not even participate. If you have the need to speak to me do it to my virtual face not like a chicken sh*t on another post. Got It? Do I make myself clear? Can you shut your wordhole long enough to comprehend this? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I realize you suffer from a terminal case of diarrhea of the mouth, but it's not that hard to grasp.

LOL !!!

Some friendly advice boray.

Don't wrestle in the mud with a pig ... you both get dirty and the pig likes it ... :D

REV

harcypervin

Bearcat
"If you have the need to speak to me do it to my virtual face not like a chicken sh*t on another post."

This is what is wrong with internet forums.