LCP Max - slide locking before mag empty

This Area is for Discussions on All Breeds of Ruger Made Centerfire Semiauto Pistols.

Moderator: Moderators

Gunslinger_56
Newly Registered

LCP Max - slide locking before mag empty

Post by Gunslinger_56 »

Hi, Folks: Bought an LCP Max last weekend for the wife. We were able to fire a rental one at the range first - no problems, pleased with feel and accuracy. Bought one. Basic disassembly, cleaned, lightly oiled (first Ruger pistol, but I have a bunch of other semi-autos in all kinds all the typical calibers (except .380...!)). Anyway, got it to the range today - shooting basic Remington UMC FMJ 95 gr. Shoots fine for me - when the wife shoots, she will get the slide locking back after every other round or so quite often. Not every time, but very often. Same magazine used by both of us (the 10-rounder) - loading 5 cartridges at a time. Weirdest thing - massively frustrating for her - she does not trust the pistol now...

Anyone have anu ideas what might be going on? Her grip of the gun seems good - she shoots pretty consistently left of center, but that is her. At 7 yards, they all fit in a 3-inch circle at point of aim for me. She does not seem to have anything wrong wrist-wise.

Ideas/suggestions appreciated!
midwayhey
Newly Registered

Re: LCP Max - slide locking before mag empty

Post by midwayhey »

I'm currently having the same issue with my LC9s. The first 400 or so rounds went fine, now the slide keeps locking back.

I have tried all sorts of grips, all sorts of ammo, multiple magazines, and I had a friend shoot it as well.

Hope you figure it out, if you do, PM me please! I'm going to contact their customer service.
Gunslinger_56
Newly Registered

Post by Gunslinger_56 »

Will let you know if I figure anything out. Just received two additional mags and bought some Winchester FMJs as well as some Hornandy Critical Defense FTX rounds (for "home" defense"). Will see if we see any different results with those this weekend...
Kevin
Hawkeye

Post by Kevin »

I had the same thing happen to me with the Max 9. I ended up sending the pistol back to Ruger and they replaced the slide stop spring.