Who's going to the OGCA/ROCS show

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Coogs

Maximum
Yinz guys have a good time................once again ain't gonna make it....................building a new house kinda takes the lead.......according to the boss! RR take a GJ fer me.............hopefully next year, Coogs.

Get Wood said:
Ale-8, Did You Notice The Age Of The Crowd...

It was mixed, as usual. I tend to notice the fact that there's a stereotypical type at theses shows . . . male, likely over fifty more likely over sixty, grey hair and matching facial hair of the mustache-and-chin-whiskers variety. I notice these because I fit in that category with the exception of the facial hair which I avoid merely to avoid the stereotyping. :wink:

There were a goodly number of "young" folks there, too. The crowd pretty much leans to the over-fifty set, but not exclusively, and there were a noticeable number of ladies of all ages present, some apparently actively participating, some obviously following "their man" and looking as if they wished they were elsewhere.

The Thompson display drew a goodly number of the younger set . . . the ROCS display more of the somewhat older set.

And as usual, pretty much well-mannered. We have a good crew.

I hope we get to see some good pictures.

:mrgreen:

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted,, a great show. As for the light attendance,,, it was a nice summer weekend & I suspect that many of the potential attendees got overruled by their wives. Honey-do's, or family activities. As noted,, some of the ladies looked bored to tears,, while some were active & having fun.

(Although I did overhear a comment by a guy who whispered to his buddy; "Keep an eye out for that crazy guy,, they call him Coogs or something. I hear he's a terror to be around!)

The age of the crowd was a bit older & I'm sure many of the younger set were at a water park or something,,, it is summertime!

We did have a little excitement that fortunately turned out better than I feared. As I was walking back to my booth,,, I spotted an older guy sitting in a chair, slumped over & collapsing. A guy closer to him stopped & stopped him from hitting the floor,, and was asking if he was alright. I immediately ran to the front & got security & the EMT. They were there almost immediately, and the gentleman was assisted by the EMT, and then transported to the hospital. Apparently, he has blood sugar issues, & it hit him hard. Last word I got was good news, according to the EMT.

Pictures will be forthcoming as soon as I can.

The engraved & custom Bearcat Shopkeeper,,, BEAUTIFULLY done by our own Bobby Tyler,,, serial number 007 was won by a gentleman from Alabama. He wasn't in attendance,,, but Flattop44 knew him.

Terry T

Buckeye
Home safely to my brother's by 10 pm Sunday evening.
Was great to see everyone again. Great show! We had a great time.
Thanks guys!
Terry T

Latest posts