Where are the Ruger PC Carbines?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
Got one coming in this week.
So...magazines. Limited to 10 rounds in CT. I guess I could go Ruger SR9C mags, but G26 mags are less expensive. I don't have either pistol, but I could see a G26 in my future. Any reason to go with the Ruger SR9C (or other compatible Ruger 10 rounders) over the ubiquitous, and cheaper, G26 mags?

mikein

Single-Sixer
WebleyMan, I've only used the Ruger mag that originally came with my carbine, some Ruger SR's and a couple of Glock factory mags so far, so I can't predict what OEM's will do, but I suspect that if your Magpul (or whatever make) works in your Glock, it will work in your new PC 9. Looks like Ruger really did this one right!! :)

22/45 Fan

Hunter
WebleyMan said:
Any reason to go with the Ruger SR9C (or other compatible Ruger 10 rounders) over the ubiquitous, and cheaper, G26 mags?
Well, one Ruger mag comes with the carbine so you already will have a start. As to extras. yes, Glock 10-rounders are cheaper and the G26 mag is the most compact of the bunch.

Sugar River

Buckeye
Palmetto State had the PCCs for $499 with free shipping over the weekend. Not sure if that deal is still good.

Just saw the same deal at Kentucky Gun.

Simon6101

Bearcat
I work in a Gun shop part-time. Customer brought one back that would not lock together. He didn't want to mess with Ruger so we bought it back and we sent it in. When it came back the boss stuck it on the floor at $399.00. Brand new never fired

WrecknCrew

Bearcat
Didnt think the thread would still be active this far into the year. I thought they would be caught up on orders by now ( I wish) !

Anyways still not the first delivery so i still dont have mine yet. I let my LGS know that better prices are not worth being last on the list to be delivered to. Its not just ruger that they have had issues getting in a timely manner. Its every new and popular gun that came out. Having the lowest price does not sell guns if people have to wait this long for a gun ( coming up on 4 months) while everyone else is getting them long after i ordered mine from different gun stores.

grobin

Blackhawk
Well Mossberg didn't have problems with their new 590M, got to the stores just after announced. It seems that some companies make an announcement and see how many orders before they start production.
Around here one store has them for $569 and they aren't moving.

Simon6101

Bearcat
WrecknCrew said:
Didnt think the thread would still be active this far into the year. I thought they would be caught up on orders by now ( I wish) !

Anyways still not the first delivery so i still dont have mine yet. I let my LGS know that better prices are not worth being last on the list to be delivered to. Its not just ruger that they have had issues getting in a timely manner. Its every new and popular gun that came out. Having the lowest price does not sell guns if people have to wait this long for a gun ( coming up on 4 months) while everyone else is getting them long after i ordered mine from different gun stores.
That doesn't make sense that your shop has not had one yet. The shop I work at has been offered them regularly the last month or so. We have had one on display ready to go for over 2 weeks.