what was your first revolver?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wizofwas

Buckeye
Back in the early 70's a guy I worked with said that he had a 22 revolver that he wanted to get rid of. I said 'I'll take it.' For $40 I got a Ruger Single Six, holster and cartridge belt. A good deal, even back then. Still the finest revolver I've ever shot.

Driftwood Johnson

Blackhawk
Howdy

My first revolver was this Navy Arms brass framed 44 cal Cap & Ball Black Powder pistol. Growing up in NJ I could not buy a handgun until I was 21 years old. But I found out I could buy a C&B pistol when I was 18. Shortly after my 18th birthday I borrowed my Dad's car and drove down to the old Navy Arms showroom in Ridgefield and paid $40 for this one.

I still have it, but the frame has been stretched from firing too many heavy loads.

IMG_0557enhanced.jpg

My first cartridge revolver was this S&W Model 17-3 I bought in 1975. Yes, I still have it too. If I recall correctly it cost $125 back then.

Model_17-1.jpg

phonejack

Single-Sixer
Mine was a Super Single Six. The wife gave it to me as a Christmas present . (our first together) That was in 1965. Gun and wife are still in good shape.

Smith and Wesson model 28 Highway Patrolman .357 mag, 4" barrel. Sold it to my brother along with all my reloading gear for $90 when I was pinching pennies working through college. My brother still has it and shoots it. I put thousands of rounds through that revolver. Wish I still had it, but I know it has a good home now...

Mine was an H&R 999 Sportsman. I loved the top break for loading. The single action trigger pull was OK, but the double action had to be over 12 pounds. I baled hay to pay for it and gave my dad the money to buy it for me when I was 13.

Wheelgunner

Single-Sixer
Mine was a 3-screw 6 1/2" Blackhawk in .357 mag. It was one of the guns I sold to help pay for a divorce lawyer.

I miss it.

Wheelgunner

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
Mine was a 200th Single Six, blued. It was $97.79 out the door. Still have it to. :) Has been sent back to Ruger once to be re-blued. I still have the original boxes and paper work with it. Shoots great and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

Kanook

Buckeye
Traded into a 30 carbine Blackhawk when I was almost 19

Traded 2 SKS's for a Security Six ss with a 2 3/4 barrel about 2 months after I turned 21 (only had $125 total in rifles)

When I was 11 years old after 3 years of shooting Grandpa's Remington Model 514 Rifle, Dad took me up to the Willows Place with his Ruger flatgate & let me shoot @ the Ground Squirrels ( we called them Gophers). I was hooked on hand guns & Rugers since. I purchased my first NIB, RSSMX with a 20 pre-fix @ 16 years old with a Quick Draw rigg & 2 boxes of ammo for $104.00 out the door after Dad did the paperwork! Still have the gun the 22 Mag cylinder with the red bag, the rigg that is way to small now, & I stiil shoot that gun the best. Well the orginal box............ Dad & I leaned it up against the fence post & it made a fine target! Kids!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The first revolver and pistol of any sort that I fired was an ancient S&W hand ejector in .32 Long that belonged to my Dad's then-wife. That well worn six shooter started my lifelong love of wheelguns and .32 caliber cartridges. My first revolver was my Ruger Single Six convertable which I still own.

bhappycattle

Bearcat
1st Revolver I ever bought was a Ruger GP100, 6" SS in 1998, wish I still had it, but made a helluva trade on a S&W 629 Classic 5" no-lock. Straight across trade, couldn't pass it up, but ended up trading it for a Ruger Mini-14 later.

1st revolver I shot was my dads 10 shot double action 22lr. A old 6" RG, louder than the dickens but accurate. Dad still has and shoots it all the time.

Latest posts