Two new 22LR rounds from CCI: Uppercut 22 LR & Clean-22 Hyper Velocity

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mjh

Single-Sixer
Second Fail with the Tools test. Velocities were up where they should be but expansion did not happen. I would have liked to have seen more than one shot both the Uppercut and Stingers. Does gel formula/density make that much of a difference?

I've got a box of Punch, lots of Stingers, Velocitors, and Mini Mags.........plenty to practice with find what is reliable as can be with .22lr and most accurate out of my gun.

Uppercut in Walther P22 with SIG supressor yesterday, had only one failure to eject out of 20 rounds. Had a lot of particulate blowback peppering my face while shooting suppressed. I shoot .22 pistols suppressed all the time and do not have this issue (with CCI "Clean," or other CCI .22 LR in general). Must be some trick loading with this round. I do like the projectiles and the prospect of less lead buildup in a suppressor with jacketed bullets in a .22 rimfire. Will keep trying this load in other combinations and see what works.

mjh

Single-Sixer
While I don't doubt the test, Tool keeps changing the variables and in the last two tests only shows a sample of 1. Can't really build a decent data set on a sample of one.

I appreciate the multiple shots out of the LCP II.

Should have stuck with the Taurus for test 3 and multiple rounds.

I'd still call it a fail. Not going to buy any Uppercut any time soon.

We'll see who does more testing and posts.

mjh

Single-Sixer
Four of the video's I've seen show lack of expansion. 3 by Tools and Target 1 by Buffalo Outdoors. Only video I've seen with expansion was Plinkster's. Unaware if Plinkster has done any follow up videos.

Definitely (n)

hpman66

Hunter
Four of the video's I've seen show lack of expansion. 3 by Tools and Target 1 by Buffalo Outdoors. Only video I've seen with expansion was Plinkster's. Unaware if Plinkster has done any follow up videos.

Definitely (n)
AGAIN, 22Plinkster's expansion was with a 10/22! - not a small defensive pistol that the round was supposed to work/expand in!!!

Strawdog

Bearcat
Recently I tried the CCI 45gr hollow point Suppressor ammo in my LCPII. Both function and form were actually quite good. They fed and ejected flawlessly while accuracy at 10 yards was easily covered by a fist.
I also tried it out of my NAA Mini. Surprisingly enough it printed better groups than all the HV ammo I have tried.
I'd like to see results over a chronograph and see how it penetrates in a gel block.

hpman66

Hunter
22Plinkster: The difference between FBI Ballistic Gel and Clear Ballistic Gel

Latest posts