Two new 22LR rounds from CCI: Uppercut 22 LR & Clean-22 Hyper Velocity

Help Support Ruger Forum:

krw

Blackhawk
I'm sorry but IMO a 22LR is not a self defense rd. It is better than nothing but barely. I'll stick with 9mm 147gr HP's

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
Ineteresting. Is it just me, or does it seem that ammo companies and powder companies have no problem introducing new calibers, new propellents etc., but when you go to find them, at least in my area, they are almost nonexistent? They have the ability to produce all this new stuff, but can't seem to keep up with any of the "old" or even current products. Maybe it is just me.....

mjh

Single-Sixer
Maybe its time for a video with a side of beef either with the hide still on or with a denim jacket. Have some fbi gel on the inside.
Punch or other brand--I'm not volunteer to be a test subject.

Plinkster had a real short video from the recent NRA Convention that introduced the new Uppercut bullets. They appeared to have really nice expansion. Probably be a good choice, where they are allowed.

The Peoples Republic of New Jersey does not allow "explosive" (hollow point) bullets. I have tried Federal's Punch ammo, but I don't like the incredible amount of muzzle flash they produce. Whether I shoot them through my LCP II Lite Rack, my 41/2 inch SR22 or my 51/2 inch Mark IIs, there is a noticeable fireball (even in a well lighted range) that people have remarked about.
Not quite right in regard to hollow points. "sportsman may transport and use hollow point ammunition. There are no restrictions preventing a sportsman from keeping such ammunition at his home. N.J.S.A 2C:39-3f(1) limits the possession of hollow nose ammunition" . As long as you claim that you are a hunter, no problem. They are sold in virtually every gun shop I have ever visited here (NJ). In regard to the Punch rounds: Since they are a defensive round that could save my life, I don't really care about flash or noise. As a matter of fact- despite my preference for Aguila .22LR ammo, they are my preference over CCI Stingers, Winchester Silvertip, CCI Minimag, and Aquila Interceptor. I have yet to try the Uppercut, but as stated, they ARE sold here.

Last edited:

Latest posts