Ruger 9e or Walther PPX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cqctt123

Bearcat
I have a opportunity to purchase a 9e or a PPX.
I had to sell my handguns because of my son's brain tumor.
He had it removed and now doing awesome. We want to get back into shooting and cost is and factor. Any suggestions will be much appreciayed.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I don't have any experience with the Walther. But I just sold/traded my SR9c w/CT grips and got a 9E at a great price- got rid of a gun, got a new one and still came up $220.

I really like the 9E. Same controls etc, just full sized and even though I only have 100 rounds through it, it has performed flawlessly so far. If you're familiar with and like the SR series go for the 9E. Still has a mag disconnect but I like not having the LCI and I don't need another plastic box, mag loader etc to take up storage space.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
My local fun shop just got in the PPX. They are selling it for $339.00, plus a mail in $50.00 rebate. I examined one and have to admit the pretensioned DAO is really nice. Otherwise, I don't see anything to recommend it. It's bulky, has an odd grip shape, and looks like a Hi-Point and a Walther P99 made a baby. Being a Walther that's not a PPK, parts and mags aren't going to be cheap or easy to find.

Have you considered the S&W SD series? They are the same price point, stainless, and come with two mags.

Mike J

Hunter
The biggest drawback I see to the 9E is that it only comes with 1 magazine. I don't know what SR9 magazines go for but after buying a second one there might not be too much price difference between it & a SR9.