Reloading .327 Fed Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

32magfan

Blackhawk
YES!!! Waiting on Henry for the 327. Never mind the third date on the website was three weeks ago!! We're all still patiently waiting...... Oh, I forgot myself there for a second. :wink:

All I can say is... It better be worth the wait.

32Magfan

rangerbob

Buckeye
I will post immediately when I see that any of the 327 Henry's become available ay any of my distributors. Bob!! :D

JStacy

Blackhawk
Just got back from the range today and did some testing of the new rear sight / springs. All shooting hand held on sand bags at 35 yards. I shot the AE100SP and they ran 3-4" ,a box of 32 mags with 10.5/H110/85EXP, 2-3" and start of today was 95swc/9.5/2400 /std primer. Note the cast bullet was crimped lightly over leading edge of the driving band to give a 100% density load . I also shot a fun load of 95 SWC/4.5/AA#5/32 long case. It actually shot decent 2-3" range but a real mouse fa-- for sound and plenty of fun !!
Looks like SP101 327 will be a fun gun.

djw54

Single-Sixer
32magfan said:
YES!!! Waiting on Henry for the 327. Never mind the third date on the website was three weeks ago!! We're all still patiently waiting...... Oh, I forgot myself there for a second. :wink:

32Magfan

Just saw that a couple popped up on Gunbroker today, Big Boy Steel 20" barrels!

Montana Cowboy

Bearcat
JStacy
Thanks for the report on the .327 loads. I bought 4 boxes of AE .327 MAG 100 GR. I'M going to load some 100 gr. and 115 gr. bullets that have the powder coat on them and will report how they were accuracy wise. It will be a week or so before I can get to the range just have a lot of work around the house to get done.

Got my expander back and they did an excellent job shorting it and re-contouring it. MC

JStacy

Blackhawk
try some 2400 loads they seem to work well. look up the loading article on realguns.com about the 327 ,good read.

Montana Cowboy

Bearcat
Hi JStacy
Got to the range the other day and tried out the 115 gr bullets. Velocity was average 1225 FPS and accuracy for nine shots at 25 yds measured 4.10". I was shooting offhand no rest so accuracy probably would have been better if using a rest. I was using WW 231 powder and WW small rifle primer. I was going to try some WW 296 and I have a pound of 2400 to try too.

I will try the WW 231 again as just one load doesn't give the complete picture as far as accuracy goes. Used 5.0 gr of 231 and can go as high as 5.3 or I can go to the lowest load which is 4.8 gr. all per the Lyman 50th edition. Use of these loads by anyone are at your own risk.

Thanks for the heads up on " realguns.com" artical. MC

JStacy

Blackhawk
WW231 is an excellent powder , slower than bulls eye and faster than unique , very clean and consistent. I use it in 9MM,32 long,38 spl, 45 auto and 44 mag and it works well in all of them. The fact I bought 10#'s many years ago also motivates me to find good uses for it.
It works well in 32 mag, so I have read, but I have not tried it yet in that round. Thanks for the feed back. try the 2400,95swc load it shot well in my 327 . I did not chronograph it but probably in the 1100's--1200 range and very accurate.

Montana Cowboy

Bearcat
I've had good accuracy with WW 231 in .45 auto and .38 Special too. I'm going to work first with the 115 gr. bullets to develop an accurate load and then with 100 gr. bullets. MC

djw54

Single-Sixer
32magfan said:

32Magfan

At the risk of re-hijacking this thread (I know, too late), I received an email update from Henry today, saying they're working hard to get everything out, and adding equipment to up capacity, with the following updates:

Here is an updated list of expected shipping dates for the New for 2017 models:

H006 Big Boy & Big Boy Carbine .41 Mags - Shipping Early August
H006 Big Boy & Big Boy Carbine .327 Fed Mags - Shipping Mid August
H012 Big Boy Steel & Big Boy Steel Carbine .327 Fed Mags - Shipping Now!

H012AW Big Boy All-Weather - Shipping Now!
H014 Long Ranger - Shipping Now!
H014S Long Ranger with Sights - Shipping Now!
H015 Single Shot Rifle & Shotgun - Steel Shipping Early August, Brass Shipping Later August
H018 .410 Lever Action Shotgun - Shipping Now!

Here's hoping!

Latest posts