RCA 10"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Rugerguy nailed it on the head! Any organization is only as good as the
membership itself! If you are a member you have a voice use it!! Will it
always come out your way? NO!! But it should reflect the wishs of the majority of its members!!

As to "Favorite's or Special" RCA Members getting first dibbs on these guns, that in my opinion is "Horse Hocky".
I am not a Big Dog in the Collecting Arena nor am I friends with any of the officers of the RCA, but I was lucky enough to get a gun.
All I did was send the money and FFL the same day I recieved the offer,
was I lucky? You becha!!! Could this have been better thought out? Maybe, but hindsight is always 20/20!:wink: Future offers will answer the question, was anything learned here????

I too was a frustrated former RCA Member, and rejoined when a group of
respected Collectors and others reformed it. I told myself I would give it a year and see if things are better. Well I did see some improvements and
it was nice to see the Jorunal in the mail box again. But we have a long way to go but I believe the membership will see it through! only time will tell. JMHO

As to the RENE - There is absolutley nothing that compares to it! Nuff-said.

Terry

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'm confused. RPM, you quoted my post that asked if anyone had received the new 10" .357. :?: I'm very curious about shipping since I have to drive 40 some odd miles to my FFL's......

I certainly agree this particular RCA Offer is a bit confusing to many folks.
Upon the announcement that the RCA was ready to accept orders I wasted not one moment in getting my order to RCA HQ.

flatgate

hammesj

Single-Sixer
I'm like Flatgate and as soon as I got the letter I had copy of FFL and money order in the mai lthe next day with overnight mail. I'm going to receive one of the guns and I am certainly not in the "in-crowd" or "better connected" as stated in the previos posts. I have only been a member of the RCA for 6 months. I agree the ordering process could have been handled better but its a learning process. I have been a member of RENE for several years and have dectected the animosity between these groups on several occassions. I like both and I feel it would serve all of us better if it was more amicable relationsip because both groups are helpful in my opinion. Jim

well guys, 'first come, first served' has been around as long as I can recall....
when they make too many of a 'so-called' "limited edition", then it just isn;t that anymore....................

chet15

Hawkeye
hammesj said:
I like both and I feel it would serve all of us better if it was more amicable relationsip because both groups are helpful in my opinion. Jim

Hey, don't forget...I was reminded by a forum member recently that RCA and RENE are not in competition with each other. And that is entirely correct. So lets not make it so.
RENE has nothing to do with this 10" deal. I like others have expressed my "opinion" of the way things could have maybe been handled differently. When I made my first post in this thread about my concerns there was even then still time to make better communication.
When offered constructive criticism, those in a position to make things happen should do so instead of getting pissy about it (I am not referring to anybody who has commented throughout this thread).
We are not in competition. I only wish sometimes one of us were run more like a business. I know, I know...the sky just fell in. But lets face it. Its been six weeks now and I doubt if there is one of you who made a comment on this 10" thread who would not have split second communication with a buyer or seller were it a personal gun transaction you were dealing with. Heck, even most of the people on sleazebay have a 10-day contact notice printed in their auctions. These are guns after all...valued possessions like houses and cars.
And I don't chastise anybody for wanting anything less. To me it ain't bitching...its wanting better procedures for what they pay for. After all, if its anything we've all learned over the last few decades is that most Ruger collectors are really a forgiving bunch.
Now...not being an RCA member, the problem needs fixed...and needs amended so that it doesn't happen again. And I'm confident that any one or all of the five who are making a go of RCA can make that happen.
Chet15

I have read the entire thread and my original point still is valid, I know that I received my ordering information later than others did...FOR WHATEVER REASON. I do note how others state they sent their FFL and money in the same day, well up here in NH the mail comes on Saturday and then Monday...I received the order info on Saturday and completed it to send it out on MONDAY but before putting the info in the mail, I thought I would check to see if the RCA could/would accept an online reservation. I then read about the guns being sold out and sent my reservation anyway and also sent the email I posted on my previous post above.

MY goal was to solicit a response to my email....I am still waiting tonight. I am President/COO of a company, we would NOT be in business if I did not respond to my customers within hours let alone a month regardless of how limited my product availability is. Oh yeah, and sometimes my customers emails are NOT pleasant to read or respond to. A prompt courteous response explaining the situation would have satisfied me...I read too many people willing to make excuses for this....does the RCA leadership want to be a great organization or just a mediocre one? I want to lead a great organization with great people who maintain high standards and feel great accomplishment when our customers thank us and give us their money....but that is just me.

regards....

chet15

Hawkeye
I haven't seen it, nor do I even know where its at right now, but somebody close to this project has said RCA-00001 has a long ejector housing on it (ala Ruger's 10-1/2" barreled SA's).
There may be variations of the 50 :shock:
Chet15

"Also heard there were a few extras produced for the RCA members, not for the bad talkers."

Bad talkers....let's not speak the truth if someone might find it offensive...I expect liberals to be like that...not gun owners. And does the above post imply that the RCA plays favorites.....

Kanook

Buckeye
I figure to stop all this mess, how about ship all of them to ME.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey does the "54" number include the 2 known "PROTOTYPES" ??? I did get to see a consecutive set all boxed up from the RCA.......it was all I could do to keep from peeking inside BUT I resisted :lol: :lol: :lol: I figure I may get to see them someday.....Hey I was just thinking....maybe if I talk nice to one of the distributors I can get a RADICAL ROD gun made :D :D :D I know EVERYONE would want one of these :shock: :shock: :shock: lets see maybe the serial number will be RRxxxxx, or RADxxxx, or RAD RODxx :roll: :roll: :roll: Hey a guy can dream ....RIGHT.....see ya RR.

Seeemmiss-
I AM a member of the RCA....is that not support?, there are NO versions of Truth...just TRUTH. I sent an email (fact), I have yet to receive a response (fact), it has been more than five weeks since I sent the email (fact). That is the TRUTH....not my version of it. Are you suggesting that I should support them no matter what...sorry, I can think for myself and come to conclusions based on knowledge and experience..they didn't think through this offering and could have handled it much better IN MY OPINION...I would have (fact)