RCA 10"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Yesterday, August 26th all of the 10" guns arrrived at RCA headquarters. Processing and shipping will begin next week. If for some reason you have not received verification of your order, please contact Dalia via e-mail

This should answer you questions. :D
I know the number mine will be :) serial number 35. For the 35th anniversary. :shock:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well that should settle the questions and seemed rather painless to do......maybe the RCA didn't notice that "SEND TO ALL" tab at the top of the email options :lol: :lol: :lol: I am excited for the lucky ones that are getting one (or two)....I love that feeling of new goodies on the way :D :D :D maybe we should offer a prize for the first one to post a picture........how about a years free subscription to the RUGER FORUM :roll: :roll: :roll: Hey since it ain't my money make it 10 years :shock: :shock: :shock: gosh I am almost as excited as if I was receiving one......see ya RR.

Kanook

Buckeye
If anybody that gets one of these decides that the barrel is too long, drop me a PM

I know, but it's worth a try. At least I'll get to see pics.

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
Well, I sent an email last Sunday asking if I made the cut or not. No replies as yet, BUT, this is Friday. On Wednesday, my check cleared my bank.

So, I suppose I am going to get one, or I am going to get a check.

the real problem I am going to have is wanting to shoot it. I had even thought of taking one of my old flat tops that is kinda beat up and put a 10" barrel on it for shooting. Oh my! The pain of it all!!!! :?

We will see! :roll: :lol:

ubme

Bearcat
A couple of days ago I received back my copy of the FFL, check and a letter stating that I wouldn't be receiving one. :(

Kanook

Buckeye
the real problem I am going to have is wanting to shoot it. I had even thought of taking one of my old flat tops that is kinda beat up and put a 10" barrel on it for shooting. Oh my! The pain of it all!!!!
Bring it over to my house and I'll shoot it for ya.

That way if you ever decide to sell it, you can say honestly that you have owned this firearm since it was brand new, and have never fired it. :twisted:

I sent an email to RCA on August 8 which I include below, I have NOT received a response....you can come to your own conclusions, I have already... unfortunately.

I am very disappointed to read on the website that all of the RCA revolvers are spoken for...I just received the letter with the ordering information on Saturday(?!) and was planning on putting the letter in the mail tomorrow....so much for that...it seems that some folks were given notice earlier than others. Why was it limited to 50 guns...why not let all RCA members have a chance? Especially when some folks will be able to order multiple guns and others, such as myself, will not get one....this is why I stopped my membership with RCA before, it appears that some members who are better "connected" get a an advanced opportunity over the other members... it appears that some things at the RCA have not changed...

Just to clarify, I wrote this email on a Monday, 2 days after receiving the ordering information, i had went on the website to see if online ordering was possible when I read that they were all spoken for, I re-joined the RCA in May or June, as I recall, after about a ten yr hiatus...I seriously doubt I will be renewing. The leadership should have requested a 20% deposit to pre-order the revolvers, this way they would have known IN ADVANCE what the demand would be and could have worked with the Ruger factory to purchase the appropriate number of revolvers to satisfy the ENTIRE RCA membership, not just the well connected members.

street

Hunter
Nh Rugerman said:
I sent an email to RCA on August 8 which I include below, I have NOT received a response....you can come to your own conclusions, I have already... unfortunately.

I am very disappointed to read on the website that all of the RCA revolvers are spoken for...I just received the letter with the ordering information on Saturday(?!) and was planning on putting the letter in the mail tomorrow....so much for that...it seems that some folks were given notice earlier than others. Why was it limited to 50 guns...why not let all RCA members have a chance? Especially when some folks will be able to order multiple guns and others, such as myself, will not get one....this is why I stopped my membership with RCA before, it appears that some members who are better "connected" get a an advanced opportunity over the other members... it appears that some things at the RCA have not changed...

Just to clarify, I wrote this email on a Monday, 2 days after receiving the ordering information, i had went on the website to see if online ordering was possible when I read that they were all spoken for, I re-joined the RCA in May or June, as I recall, after about a ten yr hiatus...I seriously doubt I will be renewing. The leadership should have requested a 20% deposit to pre-order the revolvers, this way they would have known IN ADVANCE what the demand would be and could have worked with the Ruger factory to purchase the appropriate number of revolvers to satisfy the ENTIRE RCA membership, not just the well connected members.

I have said this before and I will say it again. The only true "RCA" is the "Red Eagle News Exchange" There you get nothing but news on Ruger and Ruger Guns. It's been like that for years.

In years past I too tried to buy some of those RCA guns, but it was never set up for every member to have one. They wanted you to give them a deposit to hold and you didn't know when or what the next gun was going to be. It could be years before they had a new issue, and at the time I needed every cent that I could find just to buy Old Models for my collection. And a lot of the other collectors must have needed their extra funds for their collections, because not too many RCA guns were made. It should have been done as Nh Rugerman said. "The leadership should have requested a 20% deposit to pre-order the revolvers, this way they would have known IN ADVANCE what the demand would be and could have worked with the Ruger factory to purchase the appropriate number of revolvers to satisfy the ENTIRE RCA membership, not just the well connected members."

I, like NH Rugerman, dropped out of the RCA some years back and re-joined for a year. That was enough for me. I dropped out again. I get much more information here on the RugerFourm.Com

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Well, here we go again..............My membership has not been processed and it has been over 34 days.(I paid instantly via CC) On the RCA website, The membership drive attainment number has not been updated from the blinking 46 since late July, although the information on special cost extension for a Life RCA Membership has been updated. Special calls for special reasons? I think not and I am less than impressed.........My patience wears thin. :roll:

bottom line is that ANY "social ,fraternal' group, has its ups and downs and anything that is
presentd" by them for their Members, has ONLY an "interest or value" to those in the group and hopefully any "new" Members, my wife was a Field Rep years ago for the RCA and she 'believed in and bought> many of these "offerings" but as I said "bottom line" they are ONLY of interest and value to them, she NEVER made a DIME on any of them and was lucky to get her money back, and as 'street' said, this money was needed and better spent, to buy other stuff that "fit" into her collecting niche.............
this holds true for most ALL "specials, or Commemerative offerings, even by Colt, Winchester and others...........
as for "it" being better or worse, only a personal preference, they are only as good as to what the members put into it, and allow to happen..........

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Feeling the same way. To those that got in, congrats. To those that didn't, well, I really think your voice needs to be heard by the RCA, not just here on the forums. Now, I don't know how many members there is currently in the RCA, but I gotta believe that 50 of these guns is no where's close to what was requested by the members. C'mon they have a drive to get 50 new members this year and then order only 50 of these guns? Seems that would have a bunch left empty handed and not even a chance to get one for themselves. VERY poor planning and with apparently nobody getting updates on their requests, VERY poor member service.
Certainly seems this is the typical "good ole boy" club. Been pondering joining, but I think I'll stick with the RENE. I KNOW that's worthwhile and run by a VERY straight shooter. :)

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
This whole thread is wearing thin on me. I have been a Member of the RCA since it's inception in 1975, having Member #72.
I have been a subscriber to the Red Eagle News Exchange ever since it has been called that; to the Ruger News Exchange before that, and Faulks Collector's Service before that. I have submitted and had published articles in the RCA Journal and have made numerous submissions of data to the RENE. I furnished the Display of Ruger No.1 rifles for the RCA Display at the 1996 Dallas NRA Convention.
My Membership and association with other Members has been a real asset in furthering my Ruger collection So has the RENE and so has all the books published concerning Rugers.
If you have a problem with the RCA, fine, then don't join. I have been as frustrated over the years as many, but I have stuck with the Association.
On the subject of the 10" .357 Special Issue, How many of you even know how many previous "Special Issues" there have been? There were 2 Old Army's, 2 Auto Chamber Seals, some Bisley's? and the 10th Anniversary Ruger No.1. That is the only I bought! There were to be 50 of them made, I got my $$ in the day I got the letter. I got one; however 50 of them weren't ordered, so they only made the number to fill the order. I never knew how many it was
When this idea of the 10" .357 Anniversary came up, I was in on it. We had serious concerns of selling them all, as 35 was the original number considered. 50 was the number decided on and several of the Leaders agreed to take (and Pay) for any unsold. BTW, Ruger wants their $$.
With all the RCA bashing on this Forum, who would have thought they would have all sold! This was the first time in 20 years(?) that a special issue had been done. Older Collectors may remember that Steve Vogel ran the RCA until his untimely death in 1991. He had a real in at the Factory-paying for Special Issues was not a big problem for him. For all you youngsters, Steve was WBR's Son-in-Law. The RCA has struggled since Steve's passing. Many of us have stuck with it, many haven't.
A lot of complaints about no Journals, that why they quit. Good reason, there weren't many (or any) for a number of years. Well, they have been being published on a regular promised schedule for the last two years( the last in color!!) How many of you have submitted articles??
I have run out of gas!
If you don't want to be a Member and/or not a Member, fine-QUIT BITCHING! If you do want to be a Member, GREAT, please Help, as it is obvious we need ALL the GOOD HELP we can get.
Lee Newton

d findley

Single-Sixer
If the RCA had "ordered" 1000 of these Flattops and sold them for $1 each, there would be some who weren't satisfied. Why would people who dislike the RCA so much want a gun marked "RCA"? Congrats to those who got their order in quick enough, I'm sorry for those who did not. Better luck next time.

my point exactly, as a "Member" you can input, help (or not help) but you do have a voice as to just where it goes, its only as good as what we put into it, or allow to happen.....
and one has to decide just where they want to put their time & money towards, that , which will ,THEY FEEL, to be the most benefit to them.
Many Members have no desire to get one of these, just NOT what we collect or even have an interest in........................but at least can still talk about, comment on, and opine as to it............. :wink:
NO one here is twisting any ones arms to join the 'RCA' or not...........

BlkHawk73

Hunter
My point was more to the fact that while the RCA is in a year to boost membership, it should be doing something to show it's a group worth belonging to. A little bad PR goes further than a lot of good PR. I simply think, and it's seemingly not a unique opinion, that this should've been handled differently. Regardless, it's too late and it left many a member/potential member empty handed, probably frustrated and likely upset.
With the stained past of the RCA, one would think during a membership drive, more favorable press would be put forth. then again, I don't have a "voice" so what I say matters not. :roll:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
flatgate said:
BTT

Anyone received their new Flattop?

flatgate

How can anyone say there was bad PR. The guns just plain sold faster than expected. These guns were advertised in the last journal. We all knew they were comming out. I recall people talking about them at my Ruger show back in May and there has been alot of chatter on this Forum as well prior to the final sale announcement. Maybe the RCA should follow up with a 44 and do 100 guns.
I received an email that my RCA Flattop was shipped 9-4-2010
Can't wait to see it :D

Latest posts