P90 and P94 are done!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=101274

Read to bottom. No more .40 or .45 aluminum framed p guns. Pout :cry:

Al James

Hunter
I honestly hope they continue making the P345 and P95. Perhaps they will refine on the P95 to give it the same frame and slide treatment that the P345 and SR series. But we'll see I guess. I'm just bummed to see the end of the aluminum P's!

Al James

Hunter
wixedmords said:
Yep, that's bad news AJ.

I hope the SR series covers Ruger in its semi pistol needs. Might be something new coming out, one never knows.

I sold my 1.1 SR9 and hope to replace it with a 1.2 and a SR9c. I handled a SR40 and was not impressed with the trigger so until that is fixed I'll wait. I relearned the lesson of not buying a gun in its infancy with my 1.1. Curious to see what their next 45 is-whether its a 1911/2011 model or an SR platform. I think that I would get equally excited for both but might HAVE to have a Ruger 1911. We will see soon I would guess. :)

P90

Single-Sixer
I like the P-series and have covered myself for my lifetime, and probably the Grandkids, with them. I personally don't care for the SR-series and doubt that I'll ever own one of them.

inisfree

Bearcat
I better run out and get me a holster for my 94 before they faze out them also. Its a real shame....they are a good solid tank that you can always depend upon.

gunman42782

Hunter
It is a shame about the P90. One of the most accurate .45s I have ever shot, to include my 1911s. We got a couple left at work. May just have to snag one while I still can.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
P90 said:
I'm going to try to come up with another good KP90DC to put away for the Grandkids.

I'm gonna try to find one for me. Awhile back I had to pass on a blue DC model due to lack of $$$. I was told they're not on the PRK safe gun list so who knows if I'll see another. :cry:

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
As I stated in the 2011 catalog changes thread, I am happy now that I got my P90 when I did. I was torn between the P90 and the P345 and it almost came down to a flip of the coin. However, the P90's reputation for accuracy gave it the nod.

When it is well known that a Ruger model is going to be discontinued, does this lead to a run-up in pricing?

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Pernal said:
You wonder what the h*ll is going on at Ruger. I'm with P90 on their guns for now. I'll miss the P-series.
Does any of the Ruger family still have control of the company? Or does Tweedledum and Tweedledumber (Fifer and Sanetti) basically call all the shots? Because it sounds like the executive team is only catering to the shareholders to maximize profit, rather than to the customers like US that are the ones ACTUALLY buying the products.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
Pernal said:
You wonder what the h*ll is going on at Ruger. I'm with P90 on their guns for now. I'll miss the P-series.

Well, Ruger is known for inexpensive guns. Right now the polymer is the way to do that. Wonder how much of it has to do with the lack of safety "features" and a manual printed on the slide...

I don't much care for Ruger DA revolvers so they really don't have a lot to interest me in handguns anymore.

I usually shop the consignment case anyway... :wink:

RCT(V)

Bearcat
Donaldjr1969 said:
As I stated in the 2011 catalog changes thread, I am happy now that I got my P90 when I did. I was torn between the P90 and the P345 and it almost came down to a flip of the coin. However, the P90's reputation for accuracy gave it the nod.

When it is well known that a Ruger model is going to be discontinued, does this lead to a run-up in pricing?

"Donaldjr1969", can you please provide a LINK to the 2011 catalog changes thread/discussion? :D

RCT(V)

Bearcat
Donaldjr1969 said:
Here ya go! :)

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=101274
Ah! I am familiar with that thread started by "chet15".

I had hoped you had found a more authoritative source of information. :)

In the thread started by "chet15", a couple of us have asked "chet15" to substantiate the information he has posted - but (so far) he has failed to do so! :(