P94 40 Auto frame material

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Back in the early 60's, I use to carry a 1911 for four years. Had to qualify expert with it every six months.
In 2006, a 1911 was not for me. Too heavy, large and unwieldy, so I got a Ruger KP345PR and it was/is GREAT!

Attachments

• KP-345 and Nimravus.JPG
    KP-345 and Nimravus.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 48

jules

Single-Sixer
I know Light gray frames on the SS and dark gray on the blued. My frame is black and that's why I asked. The coating is really thick and even feels like polymer. No matter it shoots great.

roylt

Hunter
There are a lot of different versions of 94. If you care to share a picture of yours it might tell more of the story.

I have a PP90 that is "black". It was a special police issue unit. Everything on it is black but the barrel. So you may have a special piece.

There is also REM finish but that is more of a gray. Those are my favorite. Ruger only made those two years I think. I'm not sure if they made any in 40 cal though. I have a 94 model but in 9mm that is REM finish.

But as others said, the P95 was the first poly frame. The models don't go by year but close. 1985 = P85, 89, 90, 91 etc...

There are a lot of different versions of 94. If you care to share a picture of yours it might tell more of the story.

I have a PP90 that is "black". It was a special police issue unit. Everything on it is black but the barrel. So you may have a special piece.

There is also REM finish but that is more of a gray. Those are my favorite. Ruger only made those two years I think. I'm not sure if they made any in 40 cal though. I have a 94 model but in 9mm that is REM finish.

But as others said, the P95 was the first poly frame. The models don't go by year but close. 1985 = P85, 89, 90, 91 etc...
I know!!! It's like DUH this thread is worthless without pics!!!

pyth0n

Buckeye
The SS version was investment cast aluminum but when did Ruger start making the black frames out of polymer?
If I understand your question correctly, don't believe a .40, 94 or 944, was ever made with a black polymer frame.
The P95 & 22/45 were the first use of polymer for Ruger (1995?).

jules

Single-Sixer
It turned plum color and I sent it back to Ruger for a refinish and check up a couple years ago. They blued the slide but said they won't touch the frame. It isn't that bad anyway. I just didn't care for the plum color, but a lot of people do.

roylt

Hunter
That is towards the end of the metal P-guns for sure. Has the plastic square above the trigger. But it is just a standard "blued" pistol with the safety.

Nice 40cal.

For awhile I was on a 40 kick but now 9mm is fine. I just plink about mostly.

jules

Single-Sixer
40s are a bit snappy but I have a bunch of brass and bullets. Also have a SR40 and a 4006. I have shot plenty of 9s but don't own one.

Latest posts