My P90

Help Support Ruger Forum:

akbluz

Blackhawk
Picked up a new-to-me Ruger P90 .45acp at a gun show recently (from Far North Collector - thanks again Scott). Got some mags on order and installed a Hogue grip which feels much better than the original factory grips. Looking forward to taking it out to the range.

Attachments

• 20231023_202209.jpg
    20231023_202209.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 66

LCP22LR

Administrator
Staff member
These pistols are reliable for sure. Bet you got a great price on it!

I've never shot any of the P-series guns. I am curious as to the recoil of their various calibers, especially the .45s. How would you rate them, maybe in comparison to a single action Colt Auto or a double action Smith? I know that recoil is a subjective value, and everyone responds differently on that.
I love my 1911 .45s, had a Sig 220, shot many other .45s and loved them too. I know that these are heavier frames, but also aluminum and sometimes polymer (?) frames on some versions. Just looking for personal opinions, which I know will be varied! I suspect that their 9MM will shoot quite easy, based on the sheer weight of their guns. Opinions please?

What's the old joke with different words ..... if you ain't shootin' a P90, yer wastin' yer time.

With that bit of humor, I bought my first P90 24 years ago. Got another one a year later. Then a couple of P97's. Then some P85's. Yep, I turned into a P-series kinda guy.

As noted above: Reliable !! Built like a tank !!

I'm a target shooter, nothing beyond that, and I reckon at least 70,000 rds expended through my collection, all the P-series have never ever disappointed.

As for P90 recoil compared to Colt 1911 Gov't recoil ..... I reckon the "same." I don't shoot them side-by-side with the intent of comparison(s).