New Ruger PC9 AVAILABILITY

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jim0249

Bearcat
RUGER PC9 AVAILIBILITY ordered one on 1/8/18 and was told by my dealer that after speaking with Ruger they say that the wait should be 2 to 3 weeks before available. Anyone have any similar info?

gunman42782

Hunter
Ruger is quite famous for introducing guns before they are available! (I am still waiting for the XGI that was in the catalog for 3 years, but never released!)

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
They've put them into the hands of internet gun experts across the country. And they were not reported by any of them to be "beta" or "test" weapons. So, they're probably in warehouses waiting for SHOT Show. Good luck. I'll wait to hear what actual seasoned users have to say before running down to my LGS.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
gunman42782 said:
Ruger is quite famous for introducing guns before they are available! (I am still waiting for the XGI that was in the catalog for 3 years, but never released!)
Yeas ago that was the case but not recently. Their current announced guns are available almost immediately.

mac66

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan said:
gunman42782 said:
Yeas ago that was the case but not recently. Their current announced guns are available almost immediately.

This^^^

They usually try and get new models into the pipeline before announcing their release.

I think however, the PC Carbine was leaked by Recoil magazine online before Ruger was intending to release it. The cat was out of the bag so they put it up on their website.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I have mine on order. So its just a matter of time. As much as possible I prefer to patronize a local gunshop, and I'm never in a hurry. But it will be nice to get the thing and start shooting it. I like the fact that it has quite functional iron sights.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Local shop has them on order, they expect around the end of the month. FWIW, they had the Security 9 in stock within 72 hours of it being announced.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I just received an e-mail from J&G sales. It states that they just received some and are selling them for $499. Bob!! :wink:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I stopped at my local FFL, who is a big Ruger guy, and he had several in stock. Said they were selling like crazy. It is not a gun I was expecting to purchase, but after playing with it a while in the shop, I ended up leaving with it. They were $499.

Single-Sixer
gunman42782 said:

Not to hijack the thread, but there is a short youtube video called "The rare ruger XGI" that I just finished watching. They actually shot it.

Century Limited

Bearcat
I may be lucky as I have one on the way from Brownells. I had a pre-order in elsewhere and was on a watch list at LGS that sells online as well, but a sleepless night had me up at 4am a few days ago and Brownells showed as in stock rather than preorder. I could not add to cart fast enough. I checked a few hours later and were still marked as in stock, but marked as backorder by noon. I feel very fortunate to find one so soon at fair price. I was expecting two to three months. Also LGS never contacted me of any in stock but their website showed one available one day and three available on another (I am sure they sold within the hour). That tells me that the watch list does not do anything but allow them to try to make another sale if demand not high where would sell anyway. That is fine as their price went up $90 anyway. I did not take myself off watch list out of curiosity if they ever let me know before demand fades. While I wanted one badly and I'd likely shoot the price difference in ammo in one outing, I figured I'd just shoot my camp 9 until I scored a Ruger. I'm sure both are equally fun to shoot. To be honest, this first I got for my wife to shoot, although I will likely shoot it more than her. I am guessing as money comes available there may be a twin in the house or maybe a 45 ACP 1911 mag version that I predict will be released. I can make room for several if need be. If only I had more money.

My guess is that most gun stores have batches on order and one needs to get lucky enough to catch right when they go up for sale. I agree with nearly everyone else predicting this gun to be a GREAT seller. Even those that always say that if they are going to carry a rifle it may as well shoot a rifle cartridge must admit that this is the ultimate plinker/home defense/fun gun that can be economically shot. I bet some of these guys are as anxious as the rest of us to get one. I predict demand to be high throughout the year. The supply side is the variable.

Gallery of Guns has them listed as "On Sale" through the end of February but also as Allocated (therefore no pricing). This tells me that dealers should be getting them at a fair price. I keep in mind how greedy they are when make future purchases.

I wish you the best finding one soon and at a fair price. FWIW, I got mine for $515.

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
My local shop had 5 on 1/13. Well, they really had 6 but I bought one a $499. Cleaned it up and shot it same day. At 25 yds, it hit the target dead center. Only wished it came with more than one mag.

gunman42782

Hunter
I bought one from KY Gun Co about two weeks ago, and the lady told me that they had 50 of them in stock. I just checked their website, and they are showing it as out of stock! Of course, they do on-line sales too, but that's a lot of rifles sold in two weeks. Show's there is definitely a market for it. Guess it depends on how well it sells after the new wears off.

Latest posts