New Mould & Test Shots

Help Support Ruger Forum:

callshot

Blackhawk
I got a new mould (MP 314-640 hollow point). It took some time and effort to learn how to get it working. I got it warmed up today and cast 353 bullets with it before Dick came to go to the fair. They weighed 109.44 from the mould and 113.67 after gas checking and lube added. Here is the picture of them.

I don't have 327 yet so I loaded 15 of them with 10 grains of H-110. I shot 5 of them to get the feel of them shooting in my 32 H & R Maggie. It felt good in spite of not chewing any seeds. Here is the target I shot at 25 yards sitting with the gun between my knees.

No one was allowed to watch me. I do better when alone. I let the picture tell the story for me because I know it won't lie. Sometimes Dick will be facetious and put pressure on me so I won't shoot up to my potential. Yes I know I killed Santa Claus, but you can deal with it or die unhappy. It looks like it will be a great little bullet for me.
Steve

06ackley

Single-Sixer
Those look nice.I should have gotten in on that group buy,looks like it would work nice in my 32-20.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have that mold, but I haven't done any in the HP version,,, yet,,,,! Still playing with them in solids & powder coated! Looks like you've got most of it figured out. I bet sixshot will say you had someone else shoot that group!

Joe S.

Hunter
i love those penta HP's!! we have one on order for 357 Maxi on cast bullets group buy as soon as it closes...

my buddy loads me some for my 45 as well. it is a GREAT performer on deer! it looks like that will really WHACK those ground hawgs!!

TinStarFirearms

Single-Sixer
Those look great. I got in on that mould buy but have not done anything with it yet. I appreciate the photo of the hollow points as that is the real reason I bought it.

Andrew

jgt

Buckeye
Steve, you cast fine examples for the rest of us. I am duly impressed with your casting and shooting ability.