New leather from Graveyard Jack...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
A while ago I got with Craig C. (Graveyard Jack, owner of Sixgun Leather) and asked if he'd build me a new holster. Originally it was to be for a Ruger SBH, but I had then changed my mind and wanted it for my Colt 1911. Closed toe, double border stamping and a traditional thong for retention. I carry condition 1 and when needed, I have the thong around the tang of the grip safety.

He had asked what king of stamping I wanted and I told him it was up to him as I didn't think there was anything I wouldn't like. Craig had just gotten in a new stamp and decided to go with that one. I'm glad he did. I love it!

I've owned holsters from all sorts of custom makers, but a few years ago I decided that I was going to go a cheaper route as I had a hard time getting those nice rigs scarred up. Last year I decided I wanted a custom build and after looking at Craig's website ( http://www.sixgunleather.com/ ), and getting to know him on another board, I figured he was my go-to guy.

Build quality is excellent. Stitching is very tight and straight. Craig decided to add some antiquing around the edges and I think it looks just great! The holster overall is just a real nice piece and I'm bound and determined not to mind if it gathers honest wear from honest use. My Colt feels right at home...

20140702_113110-1_zpsuoawex3r.jpg

]
20140702_112926_zpskv5xpjem.jpg

20140702_112949-1_zpsx8r1ep2h.jpg

20140702_112823_zpsa5inlej8.jpg

20140702_112846-1_zpspjl9tfah.jpg

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Not too long back I had Craig (Graveyard Jack) make a holster for my Ruger Blackhawk .44 Special. Think it was back around February or so, and it has been my daily companion ever since. Its the best holster I've ever had for daily use.

Bob Wright

CraigC

Hawkeye
Thanks guys for the kind words!

Eaglestroker makes some fantastic leather hisself. I've been wearing my black elephant rig every day since I got it. Can't say enough good about it.

And Rob, I have not forgotten that we need to make plans for a shoot `n greet. ;)

Shadow

Single-Sixer
Craig .... you executed that very nice 'double border' stamping to perfection, and the overall finish on this 1911 holster shows some really nice attention to detail.

Skalkaho .... I can understand you being pleased wiih this one. Have you considered Craig making a matching 1 3/4" or 2' belt with the same double border stamping along 'one' edge and burnished all around? It'd really be a 'sweet' lookin' rig, particularly if the belt included a nice complimentary style buckle.

Enjoy !

JR

dwayne

Single-Sixer
Nice!

I have the oldest brother to this one -- for a 5.5" NMFT Bisley. It was the last one Craig made before he started adding model numbers. Mine is the same color as yours -- the one on his website. Congratulations -- you have a fine holster made by a great ambassador of our sport.

Dwayne

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
Shadow, perhaps not a belt as Craig would need a loooooong piece of leather for it. ;)

At some point I'm going to try to convince him that a matching mag pouch would be nice. ;)

Eaglestroker

Single-Sixer
Hey Slim, I could bout' guarantee there's a cow to accommodate :) Belt and mag pouch would make for quite the attractive rig!

CraigC said:
...And Rob, I have not forgotten that we need to make plans for a shoot `n greet. ;)

I'm afraid my wallet may never recover from messing with your candy box, Craig. Shame we couldn't take advantage of this wonderful weather!

Latest posts